how to unhide system folder help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken In
Can anyone plz tell me how to unhide a folder whose HIDE attribute is disabled?

actually i had virus in my pendrive and it made my folders hidden. when i tried to unhide it the hide attribute was disabled. Plz tell me the solution to unhide the folder.

thanx

janki2008

Broken In
try this go to command prompt

start--->run--->cmd.exe <enter>
you'll see a black screen with cursor blinking
go to the drive where you need to un-hide folders suppose your pen drive is L:
so you'll type below things
L: <enter>
attrib -r -h -s *.* <enter>

That's it. Did you see the folder ?

Let us all know.

Janki

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
In windows explorer on the menu bar click tools> folder options. now go to the view tab, scroll down a bit in the advanced settings list, uncheck "hide protected operating system files", click apply. Thats it.

mobilogist

Keep Up The Good Work
i too have the same problem, with my d drive(partion).

it shows that there are some .bat & .ini files are there.

so how can we remove it, it is a virus or something else? please.

OP

Broken In
thanx for replies.
but system files are always unhidden on my system.
i never hide them so i can track any change in them.
but the problem is that on my removable drive the folders are hidden and their hidden attribute is disabled so you cant unhide them by using "right click-> properties->uncheck hidden attribute".

now can anybody help?

OP

Broken In
anything serious abt disable/enable....i get to last point "virus"
anyway if you have well updated antivirus, don't consider you are 100% secure from security risks.

follow these steps...it may solve your problem.

Click Start -> RUN, & type "regedit"
Go to registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
Find a key called "CheckedValue"
Double click on it & set the value to 1.

check your problem...if it is solved.:)

The registry value you told was alredy set to 1. what should i do now?

i got one more problem My system date and time is wrong after starting the system; it shows the shutdown time from the last session when the system is restarted.

plz tell me how to upload screenshot so i can show the exact problem here.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
simple........press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard, now open MSPaint and goto Edit -> Paste. you will get the screen there now save the the file.

goto *www.maxupload.com/forum/index.php and upload the image there.....
paste the link here when done...........:)

and for your other problem...

goto command prompt and then type this

Code:
x:/> attrib -h -s -a -r * /s /d
(where x: is drive letter for your pen drive)

this command will remove all the attributes from all the files as well folders in your drive.

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
The registry value you told was alredy set to 1. what should i do now?

i got one more problem My system date and time is wrong after starting the system; it shows the shutdown time from the last session when the system is restarted.

plz tell me how to upload screenshot so i can show the exact problem here.

the mobo's battery is weak, replace it.

OP

Broken In
goto command prompt and then type this

Code:
x:/> attrib -h -s -a -r * /s /d
(where x: is drive letter for your pen drive)

this command will remove all the attributes from all the files as well folders in your drive.

thanx it worked.

@coolbuddy
where can i find this battery?

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
you will find it t any computer shop. If you are not sure how to replace it, consult the forum as I too am not sure. you can also take your computer to the shop to get it replaced.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Google, friends...

*www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

*www.google.com/search?client=opera...tery&sourceid=opera&num=100&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
ya there is a small battery ( size of a coin) on the mother board......just remove that and replace it with a new one .you will find it in any computer shop....generally known as CMOS battery.....:)

PS: if ur battery is weak or discharged then u must get a message at boot time.....and your system time will always reset to 12:00 AM ....if this is what happens with you then changing the battery should help you...:) if NOT then you might be having some other problem

mobilogist

Keep Up The Good Work
sorry to say that but we are dicussing other thing here ie how to unhide all drive's hidden files by removing viruses etc.

where does this cmos battery arrived here????? :(

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^please go through the thread before posting......:rolleyes:

this is his second problem........first problem has already been solved........;)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
i had heard that if you remove the CMOS battery the bios gets reset and we have to change all the settings once again. is it true?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Just the bios customizations, and most users dont really tweak their bios or anything so it should be okay. Nothing happens to windows or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom