how to triple boot xp-vista-fedora7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
guys i want to try out beryl, but i dont wan to sacrifice either my xp or vista....how can i install fedora core 7? i'm basically installing fedora coz i want to try out beryl...please dont tell me to use a virtual machine....if i install fedora core 7, will it take over and make a triple boot system?

Edit : sorry, i had 2 put this in OS section , but i forgot...pleaze can someone move this thread to da open source section?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Re: how to triple boot xp-vista-fedora core 7?

first install XP in one drive. and vista in another (dont install vista first!) then install fedora 7 to another drive with GRUB boot loader :)

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

when you install GRUB, all your windows installations will be listed under 'Other Windows OS' in the GRUB and will be displayed during the boot up. when you select it. . . . it will take you to window's MBR or the OS list screen. so it wont take ur Vista and XP installations. . . but be careful while installing fedora, dont forget to select 'Install GRUB Boot Loader' (It will be selected by default)

Edit: Now fedora is no more core, So its Just FEDORA 7, not fedora core 7 :)

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yes even I have this triple boot on my PC and there has been no problem whatsoever....
Gigacore has explained it beautifully...
But I dont like Fedora 7 that much...I expected it to be better....

vish786

"The Gentleman"

Gigacore said:
Edit: Now fedora is no more core, So its Just FEDORA 7, not fedora core 7 :)

wats the difference ? for not being core.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The Core and Extras repositories were merged together unlike FC6 and FC5's repositories for Fedora's 7th installment, and thus they shed the name Core and just named it Fedora 7. Nothing else, except this one good for the name change. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom