how to take backup of firefox bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
*mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

here is the tool that helps u take backup of firefox bookmarks..plus cookies plus cache...and also saved passwords..
:D

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
*mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

here is the tool that helps u take backup of firefox bookmarks..plus cookies plus cache...and also saved passwords..

In case you just want to back-up your bookmarks, no add-ons are reqd.
1.) Go to Bookmarks>Organise Bookmarks
2.) In the Bookmarks Manager window, go to File>Export. There, save your bookmarks in a HTML file.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Thanks everyone for your fast response.

Can i restore these later if i delete some of the bookmarks accidentially or in case of reinstalling windows

Last edited:

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Import it to HTML which backs up all ur Bookmarks..In case u want to backup extensions,themes,bookmarks,profile..Then use FEBE extension for FF:p

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I use following trick to set a separate location for my firefox bookmarks file. I always set the bookmark location to a drive other than windows drive, so that if windows got corrupt or I hv to reinstall windows, I never loose my ff bookmarks. ;)

Just export ur ff bookmarks as Lunky_Star and kaustav suggested for only one time and save the file to a location, which is safe. Then type %appdata% in RUN dialog box and goto:

\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\random_character_and_numbers.default

now open prefs.js file and add following line in the end of this file:

user_pref("browser.bookmarks.file", "E:\\Setup\\bookmarks.html");

Here, "E:\\Setup\\bookmarks.html" is the location, where I hv stored the bookmarks file, change it to ur location and make sure to use \\ instead of \. :)

Now ff will automatically use the above mentioned file for storing ur bookmarks and u'll hv to never take a backup of ur bookmarks. ;)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^^Whoa!! Great..
I liked it very much.

I bookmark sites everyday. And my windows corrupts every two months as usual. This is a very good trick. No need to export again...

THANX A LOT!!!...You are really a most valuable proffesional!!

praka123

left this forum longback
in Linux mozilla(ff) stores all datas in ~/.mozilla/firefox directory.the install lib will be in /usr/lib/iceweasel(firefox)/
hopefully u can hack the script(firefox-bin) or in distributions like Debian,Ubuntu goto /etc/firefox(iceweasel) directory.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@Lucky_star

thnx buddy. ;)

@kaustav

^^ Goto following folder:

~/.mozilla/firefox/random_character_and_numbers.default/

Or u can alrenatively, type about:config in firefox addressbar and can add the key manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom