how to submit website to search engines???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
dear user's
i have my website and i want to ssubmit it to search engines. is submission to search engines free!!! if so which site allows it. please post here.

-SUDE

ahref

In the zone
Submission to search engine is free, but I don't think there is any need to submit your website to any search engine, just get a backlink to your site you site will be indexed in all search engine within few days.

If you want to submit your site then submit it to directories because they will provide you backlink which helps in increasing the pagerank and improve search engine positions.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
But some first basic submissions I always recommend...backlinks ofcourse is a good method but these 3 basic submissions are still a must.

www.google.com/addurl
*search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
*search.live.com/docs/submit.aspx?FORM=SUNO

OP
sude

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
what do you all mean by a backlink???

and FREAKITUDE which site is actually a high quality backlink provider???

please list here...

-SUDE

ahref

In the zone
backlink means link to your site from other sites.

high quality backlink provider, means site which has already many backlinks one such example is dmoz.org. A site with high PR (Page Rank) are generally consider high quality site. You can find the PR of any site by checking here *livepr.raketforskning.com/

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Sorry Siddtharth, that's a myth....if you don't hav any backlinks and never submit to google, then no matter how many months you wait...Google won't index your site.

You either have to submit or get backlinks to get indexed by Google. And if you get just backlinks from another indexed site, Yahoo! will index...not necessarily to submit compulsorily to Yahoo!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Its not adding backlinks but getting backlinks. You need to get your site's link on other sites which have already been indexed by search engines. Once your link appear on such sites, search engines will automatically crawl through your sites also.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Some sites can exchange links with you for free...try contacting their author, some might take payment for it....and best backlink method is to ask your friends to put your site's link on there site.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You should generate a sitemap for your website and submit it to Google. These XML sitemaps have been agreed by MSN as well Yahoo to be indexed too..
If you use WordPress you can use this plugin.

premsharma

In the zone
navjotjsingh said:
Sorry Siddtharth, that's a myth....if you don't hav any backlinks and never submit to google, then no matter how many months you wait...Google won't index your site.

You either have to submit or get backlinks to get indexed by Google. And if you get just backlinks from another indexed site, Yahoo! will index...not necessarily to submit compulsorily to Yahoo!

No you don't need any backlink for google for basic indexing. You just need to upload a xml sitemap and submit its url to google free of cost. Google crawlers will index your site depending upon sitemap but google is warry of keyword spamming and they basically look for description rather than keywords. Thus a well written description will do the trick. It will keep crawling it it future too depending on what frequency you allot if sitemap.

No matter, domain name will automatically get indexed and other things will depend upon sitemap. This process may take 2 - 15 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom