How to setup lan gaming???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUKHI99

never forgot your roots!
hi frens i need some suggestions on how to setup lan gaming for 10-15 PCs.
we want to make a competition in our college on gaming. so plz help me ...
also suggest me some good games..
like we have decided NFS MW
COUNTER STRIKE
UNREAL TOURNAMENT
REPLY ME SOON COZ WE HAVE TO HURRY

PoWeR

Broken In
hi frens i need some suggestions on how to setup lan gaming for 10-15 PCs.
we want to make a competition in our college on gaming. so plz help me ...
also suggest me some good games..
like we have decided NFS MW
COUNTER STRIKE
UNREAL TOURNAMENT
REPLY ME SOON COZ WE HAVE TO HURRY

hey if u have 10-15 lappys create a ad hoc using one & connect the rest to that network
make sure to use different ips on them & yes set the ip manually. they connect in less time.
disable firewall on all sys.
create, play,enjoyyyyy....:grin:

ayuboy

Journeyman
You know Just buy a Switch for 1k MAX with required number of ports and assign the IPs manually and make sure they have same subnet mask and gateway....
HAVE FUN

soul_reaver

bored wit life in general
seriously doesnt yr college labs hav network of ne kind lik wireless or some thing... try goin wit NFS MW , DOTA, the obv COUNTERSTRIKE... they r favs wereever go... try fr a wired switch it shud b cheap... one hosting comp n well CS goes 5 on 5 so 11 comps... and pref 2 matches simultaneously n dota is 5 on 5 again... sooo do the math... NFS wud take just 4.. calc the number of switches... u can also ask ppl in the hostels... we had lan there n sometimes matches there if things gt late...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
probably ur clg will be havin some switch or somethin. just unplug all other pins from it temporarily nd connect only the required ones.
in my clg when there was a gamin competition, i did the same. There was a large shelf like thing, which was a huge switch and did the connecting stuffs and bingo.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
and the best game combination will be
* one team based game like CS Source (1.6 is gr8 but too outdated)
* one fps like UT04 or UT3 is systems can take it.
* one race game like MW or carbon.
* maybe a strategy like AOE3, AOM etc but itll take a whole day :)

and leave some systems w/o networkin for some timepass or practicing for the players or spectators.

and it wud be gr8 if u can connect an wifi router to the n/w so that audience can spectate the game on the go nywhere in compoud, nd do remember to set some player password or they ll enter the event w/o authorization nd spoil the match.

Last edited:
OP
S

SUKHI99

never forgot your roots!
thanx a lot frens for the help...
situation in ma colg is this that there is lab consists of 50 PCs approx. nw wt i hv to do is dat i vl unplug the other pcs ..nw tell me do i hv to install the game on all PCs???
and plz do tell me can i use ma WI-FI ROUTER AS ACCESS POINT TO CONNECT WITH MA LAPPY FOR GAME PURPOSE ??
PLZ REPLY SOON COZ LESS TIME REMIAINING IN DAT.......:smile:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
u can of course....but b/w we get from a/b/or g network cant handle MP games, if u intend to play on wifi. But its surely enuf for spectating purpose.
It might run fine is all wireless network s/m are in their utmost range....so that u ll get some 80~90mbps. And more players> then more trouble in bandwidth for wireless n/w.
u can always try out as many routers gives varying results.
just connect a router to switch with a cross-over cable and connect all other PCs to switch using straight cables.
also disable firewall, then set domain name to some specific one for all connected PCs.

and uve to install those games in all PCS. And do run many trials to see if it runs fine in n/w on all PCs before the event begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom