How to set title to mp3 files?

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I have 20 GB of music collection(.mp3 files) containing thousands of songs. Each mp3 file is present in folder named by its album name. There is no TITLE and ALBUM (ID3) set to any mp3 file.

Which software can I use that the TITLE and ALBUM of each mp3 is set to its folder?

Example:
Such as "Karthik Calling Karthik" folder contains 1029.mp3, 1030.mp3, 1031.mp3, 1032.mp3, 1033.mp3
These all mp3 files get their ID3 TITLE Tag and ALBUM ID3 Tag as Karthik Calling Karthik.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Try this

Id3 Editor Lite - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Try this

Id3 Editor Lite - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Thanks for help but, there are two issues in this software:
1: It works for only ALBUM tag. How to set for TITLE tag?
2: It can't select files present in subfolders. When I try to select AUDIO directory, it says 'no mp3 files found'.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I have 20 GB of music collection(.mp3 files) containing thousands of songs. Each mp3 file is present in folder named by its album name. There is no TITLE and ALBUM (ID3) set to any mp3 file.

Which software can I use that the TITLE and ALBUM of each mp3 is set to its folder?

Example:
Such as "Karthik Calling Karthik" folder contains 1029.mp3, 1030.mp3, 1031.mp3, 1032.mp3, 1033.mp3
These all mp3 files get their ID3 TITLE Tag and ALBUM ID3 Tag as Karthik Calling Karthik.
Download MP3Tag from Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...) and install it. It's a freeware and has almost every aspect of editing ID3 tags covered. You can also edit things like Artists info etc and it's possible to add album arts.

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Download MP3Tag from Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...) and install it. It's a freeware and has almost every aspect of editing ID3 tags covered. You can also edit things like Artists info etc and it's possible to add album arts.

But my requirment is not fulfilled.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

any of the above software provides automatic title tagging from internet ??

I dont want that one.

I just want title of mp3 files set to their folder name.

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
Use mediamonkey +Winamp auto tagger [If u r too paranoid about tagging]
get tha art and comments from MM,other tags by winamp Auto tagger
Best combo Ever

somjit N

Right off the assembly line
try 'audacity'. its a sound editor, but it also allows u to rename mp3 s... and not only the title, but also u can add album, artist, genre, and many more categories to the mp3.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Re: How to set title to mp3 files?

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
try 'audacity'. its a sound editor, but it also allows u to rename mp3 s... and not only the title, but also u can add album, artist, genre, and many more categories to the mp3.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Re: How to set title to mp3 files?

Ofcourse it does. BUT I HAVE MORE THAN 5000 mp3 FILES. I will take years.

Top Bottom