HOW TO SEND FAX THROUGH COMPUTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
Free:
1.About 2 years ago I think i saw a software in digit Mindware but it never worked for me :roll:

2.And once I saw in yahoo mail offering some fax thingy that didn`t work LOL :)

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
well.. u can send Fax if u have a FAX-Modem.. Many Modems these days are fax-modems and u can use them to send fax.. The exact methd/tutorila to send fax using modem was in one of old issues of Digit (atleast 1 yr back i suppose)..

Anyways.. these links mite help..

Send Fax using Modem

E-Fax

QLpro

Btw.. Pls post such Qs in Q & A section..

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
there's also an in-built tool FAX CONSOLE in WIndows XP... insert ur XP CD... chose "install optional componets"...

and choose to install Fax Services...

but ur modem must support faxing...

rajesh

Journeyman
If you have a fax-modem you can send faxes through the computer.

I have a Dlink 56 Kbps modem and a CD is provided which contains a software which enables you to send the faxes.

tuxfan

Technomancer
You need a software like WinFax to send or receive faxes in your computer. The software manages everything. You only have to set up the right options.

Usually, a CD comes with all the modems giving some other such free software with which you can even setup an answering machine.

OP
J

jigar657

Right off the assembly line
if anyone has used winfax...

may i know how long does it normally take to send the fax thru my modem...i mean is it faster than regular fax machine...

???

plz guys reply soon...

jigar

tuxfan

Technomancer
jigar657 said:
if anyone has used winfax...

may i know how long does it normally take to send the fax thru my modem...i mean is it faster than regular fax machine...

???

plz guys reply soon...

jigar

Actually, what all fax programs do is make a virtual printer driver. Then you print to that fax-printer and it will invoke the faxing software. So that way you can fax from all applications.

Time taken is almost similar. I haven't seen any great increase or reduction in speed while sending. However, receiving is a little inconvenient, although its almost the same speed.

Speed depends not only your machine, but also the machine at the other end. Usually, modems are faster than fax machines, but the actual speed is the speed of the slower device.

ranjithbajpe

Journeyman
use krify!!!!!

Hello U can use this site for sending sms AS well as fax also. But fax there is only limited service.
[b][url]*krifysms.com[/b][/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom