How To save the Windows Update files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicole2208

Broken In
Friends,
Can anyone of you please tell me how to save the automatic Windows XP updated files, as i have found my system has updated itself for a long time , and i need to format my Hard disk ,and i can guess it would take a long time to download all those files as i am up on a dial up connection.

Please help me someone :roll:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Go to the drive where WindowsXP is installed. Go to windows\software distribution and backup the folder named download.

Also look at a post by me at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2258&start=60

OP
N

nicole2208

Broken In
Default directory for the WINDOWS XP updates files changing

But, can you tell me, whether there is a way to change the default directory of the Updates folder ? i would like to change it as can be done for the "My Documents " for using the target option ?

anubhav_har

In the zone
You can integrate your Windows XP Update files into your main backup on your HDD and write it on a CD. Find the update.exe file and see its help file to know the details. This way your updates are installed with your Windows XP installation. Check the DIGIT for the last few months. In the take-a-crack section you'll find the integration details in one of the month's magazine.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
abhinav said:
well can any one now tell me how to save the norton anti virus updats

Well they are saved in Common Files folder or find them in Documents and Seetings folder in XP. They are listed under VIRUSDEF folder.

Can't remember properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom