How to request for Unban someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well, as the title says,
1>How to request for it?
2>Is there a provision to unban a member?
3>Were in the history of TDF anyone unbanned ever?
4>What are the protocols one should follow to unban himself?

And, how do his/their friends pray for it?
A PM?
To whom?
Mods? (how many of them, or all?)
Does it need to be approved by Admins. (Only one or all forum admins)

Why I'm asking?
I want to apply for Rohan Shenoy or Victor_Rambo and Mrintech

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Re: How to request for Unban someone>

1. The person who is banned is the only one who can protest for an unban. They can contact us via PM or on the IRC. Bans are *never* up for public discussion.
2. Yes, if the banned member is truly sorry for their act, or there was some misunderstanding.
3. Yes, many times.
4. See 1.

The general convention is that the mod/admin who banned someone should agree to the unbanning. And no, admin approval is not required.

P.S.: if any mod/admin wants to add to or make some changes to what i said, please feel free to do so :)

ThinkFree

Technomancer

The general convention is that the mod/admin who banned someone should agree to the unbanning. And no, admin approval is not required.

What??? Means the members must adhere not only to the rules laid down by the administrator but also individual moderators. Very bad :( .
And why don't these rules apply to mods?

And if any mod/admin finds this post against rules, I wish to get a permanent ban, not a temporary one :D.

kalpik

What? Someone is banned *only* when they repeatedly violate forum rules! Yes, *forum* rules, not some arbitrary rule made by any mod! I really dont know how you got that from what i wrote :|

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Be careful what u wish for, u never know, ur wish may be granted...:wink:

"Democracy is a myth"

ThinkFree

Technomancer

What? Someone is banned *only* when they repeatedly violate forum rules! Yes, *forum* rules, not some arbitrary rule made by any mod! I really dont know how you got that from what i wrote :|

But some ethical guidelines must be there for moderators as well which they should follow as a member of the forum, but some are found misusing the special privileges. Even Administrators aren't intersted in looking into these matters [:(]

kalpik

I really dont believe in Democracy.. See what it did to our country ;)

kalpik

But some ethical guidelines must be there for moderators as well which they should follow as a member of the forum, but some are found misusing the special privileges. Even Administrators aren't intersted in looking into these matters [:(]
There are internal guidelines for moderators. Im not at liberty to discuss them here. But if there is some moderator misusing his power, you talk to the other mods/admins.

ThinkFree

Technomancer

I had contacted Anorion, but after I told him the name of moderator he never replied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom