Not open for further replies.

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop with the following configuration:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz
2x1 GB DDR2 667 Mhz RAM
nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB graphics card
250GB SATAII hard disk

I have Windows XP SP3 installed in the C: drive. Two months ago, I installed Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit in the I: drive. After two months of usage, I did not like Vista. Now I want to remove it. I don't want to harm my XP settings and my ton load of apps in it. How do I do it?

My hard disk is partitioned as follows:

C: 40GB
D: 30GB
E: 30GB
F: 30GB
G: 30GB
H: 30GB
I: 30GB
J: 14GB

Last edited:

di9it

thinking di9it'al
Try this guide:

Code:
*www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/uninstall/

It's working...

OP
rajsujayks

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
Can you suggest some other method? Option 2 does not seem to work for Vista 64-bit. Please note: My XP is 32-bit and Vista is 64-bit. In Option 1, will it remove my windows updates? They are precious as I'm only on dial-up...Please suggest an easier option. Thanks in advance...

aswin1

Journeyman
Download and install Vista Boot Pro 3.3. Uninstall vista bootloader using bootloader options ie
shift to windows legacy Bootloader. Confirm this by restarting the PC. You will see only
XP as boot option. Simply format the partition containing Vista or delete all Vista files after
enabling show hidden files option.

di9it

thinking di9it'al
Option 1 will only modify the boot sector of ur hard disk and will write the XP boot loader into it. It has nothing to do with ur Windows XP installation, installed apps, updates...
Although both options do the same job of restoring the XP boot loader into the boot sector. You can use Option 2 for removing your Vista 64-bit installation too.
Its quite easy and i have tested it even for 64-bit Windows 7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom