How to remove supervisor password of Intel MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Padawan
Friends how to remove the supervisor password of Intel MB.I tried removing CMOS battery but, it did't work...:confused:
Please help me.....

Thanks..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
please use search :lol: as this is what I can find :D

-------------------------------Quote-----------------------------

How can we know the password? The original assembler who assembled the PC may not be available.

not possible to recover the BIOS PW :(

Can anyone of you help me on the above?

One think which can be done is to reset the BIOS... there are 2 ways, via jumper or via bettery reset..

Jumper Settings

Locate this jumper as show in the bellow image !!!

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/8816/jumper1ec5.jpg

there are 3 pins, like * * * the pin would cover 1 and 2 pin which is the default config... - - * so take the pin out and put it as 2 and 3 cover like, * - - start the system :D the BIOS should revart back to the default shipping factory settings... !!! now power of the system and restore the jumper to default 1 and 2 cover settings :D start the system once again to do you work :D

next option removing the battery :D

locate the bettery as show in the picture :)

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/39/batteryyf2.jpg

remove it and then wait for 5 pins, plug it back to start the system :) it would be restored to the factory settings :)

-------------------------------Quote-----------------------------

here :- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79611

Pathik

Google Bot
Choto delete some PMs man..
BTW I just read this..
*www.chotocheeta.com/2008/01/29/the-other-side-of-us/
Awesome. Great work dude. :)

OP
New

New

Padawan
Thanks Choto..I searched but i did't get it...:)
Fine you have given the solution..But, my problem is there is a password for the brand new motherboard only..So if I set it to the factoty settings then there will be no changes...Am I right sir?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
But, my problem is there is a password for the brand new motherboard only..So if I set it to the factoty settings then there will be no changes...Am I right sir?

Nah :lol: some one has set that BIOS Password :p its not from intel for sure... so no :) it wont... reset to factory settings :)

Choto delete some PMs man..
BTW I just read this..
*www.chotocheeta.com/2008/01/29/the-other-side-of-us/
Awesome. Great work dude. :)

PMs are cleared :p its hard to continue with 50 PM limit :( anyway Pathik pleas I dont want to have any public discussion on that issue !!! Public comments are not welcome !! but yes sure :) private is :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom