Open chrome://settings/appearance and check for homepage address. Also uninstall any unknown extension. Check search engines as well.I am using windows 10 and the AV definitions are updated.
The browser automatically opens the following URL:
"www.lktoday.ru" ---> redirected to "Earn money on short links. Make short links and earn the biggest money - shorte.st" ---> redirected to "Top 10 New Windows 10 Features"
I don't see any malware trace on system scan.
checked that too..nothing is thereOpen chrome://settings/appearance and check for homepage address. Also uninstall any unknown extension. Check search engines as well.
Edit: Right click on the shortcut of the browser and check properties. The target should be "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" and nothing else.
If you're seeing some of these problems with Chrome, you might have unwanted software or malware installed on your computer:
- Pop-up ads and new tabs that won't go away
- Your Chrome homepage or search engine keeps changing without your permission
- Unwanted Chrome extensions or toolbars keep coming back
- Your browsing is hijacked, and redirects to unfamiliar pages or ads
- Alerts about a virus or an infected device.