HOW TO | Refrain Access From a Drive or Folder in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
hi ! this is for those who might not be aware of this already ( in simple words newbees ) :p

today a noob asked me on yahoo that how to simply stop someone from accessing a particular drive or folder ! without setting up parental controls on their User Account !

Well the first thing i said was to have Parental Controls Setup ! he said it might be that my parents access the Drive and they think that i hae some Adult natured Content ! :D

So the Best thing to do is to Go to the Properties of that particular Driver lets say X: or a FOLDER Y , Just click on its properties and go to Security Tab, click on the USER want to set the permission of and click Edit ! Set the permission level as you want like Read only Etc etc.. :)

these pics might help :p
*thecomputernext.com/blog/img/sec.jpg

*thecomputernext.com/blog/img/sec1.jpg
This maybe posted somewhere ! wrote a Quick ONE for newbees :D !

Thanks and Regards

Shantanu

SOURCE : MY MIND

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Please always mention the source. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Now, only if this permissions could be exported to a registry file. Would have been quick way to reapply the permissions after a reinstall.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
imav : i wrote it by my own :p , so i didnt mention the source ! and well referrals are not allowed buddy ! :D:D

sure ! will do asap ! the registry thing :D

Last edited:
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
daymn ! man registry thing is almost not possible, these setting do not get saved in registry ! :(

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
one query

Suppose I set the permissions in Vista then can I access those directories in XP. If i Cannot then what is the way such that ONLY I CAN ACCESS IT FROM BOTH VISTA N XP.

Last edited:
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
you can do both ! read from Xp and Vista ! based on your ownership ! i mean the way you set it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom