How to record a speech in my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhaybhavan

Right off the assembly line
Hai everybody

I would like to record my speech (atleast 30 minutes) in my Computer. I would like to know the hardware & software requirements and the procedure to do it.

I have a P4 2.4 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD (Windows 98 & XP Dual OS) with a Samsung DVD combo drive

Please guide me

Udhayaraj

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
install a microphone in ur mic in jack and configure it,

Now go to Start > Programs(All PRograms) > Accesiories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder .
Now click the red (record button) and happy speaking ! (1 Minute Only as pointed out by Nemi)

Edit - Oops, never knw that, coz i have only recorded about 30 s, didnt know its limits,srry author,nemi.
|
v
But cant we use an audio editor (audacity) to join em all and make it 30 min ?

Dunno exactly but see this also :
*www.nch.com.au/software/voxrec.html?ref=google&ref2=c2a1
and also this :
*www.sound-recorder.com/

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Qwerty, the Windows Sound Recorder can record only 1 minute clips. Please read the question carefully before replying.

Coming back to the original question, if you have a dedicated soundcard like a Creative, you would probably have gotten recording software with it that will let you record long clips. I believe Audacity is a freeware that lets you record audio through a microphone input.

cancer10

ClubHost.in
^ Windows Sound Recorder does not allow more than 1 minute.

Download Crystal MP3 Recorder from *www.flydownloads.com/download/audio/crymp3recorder.exe

expertno.1

Technomancer

In ms office also can be done.
Hi Rajas700 ,
there is the speech to text option present in lanhuage bar

but can u tell me how do i record it using it ?
i only know about ms office's speech to text capability but udhaybhavan is talking to record his speech

I would like to record my speech (atleast 30 minutes) in my Computer ,
Hi udhaybhavan ,

U need both the things
1)sound card
2) microphone

besides u need a good recording software too
heres free one
Audacity
*audacity.sourceforge.net/

heres one shwareware but the best
Sony sound Forge
*www.utilidades-utiles.com/Download-Mp3-Audio-Sony-Sound-Forge.html

Hope this will solve urs problem

Thanks
Regards...
Expertno.1

popper1987

Broken In
if you have nero 6,it contains a very good audio package or you can try ADOBE AUDITION 1.5 ,its CNET rating is preety GOOD

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi,

Try Polder Bit Sound Recorder...

It is good to such an extent, that u can even record any music from ur cassette and mix it with ur voice and stuff....

Regards,
Ramprasad

tuxfan

Technomancer
IMO, the best way is to attach a Microphone and use Audacity. Its good. I have recently converted some old cassettes into Audio CD and MP3 with the help of audacity, a RF cord and my cassette player. Now my favourite, dying music will stay with me forever :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom