How to permanently save contacts (from android phone)

anarchy0x

In the zone
I am saving contacts to gmail in my android phone but not seeing those contacts in my gmail, am I going wrong somewhere, is it not possible to oo that?

Arnab boss

In the zone
Always sync contacts from ur android device to mail.....u can also save a copy to ur sd card....go to contacts or people > manage contacts >u willl c an option import or export contacts...select export to sd card from phone...done simple...keep important contacts in sim card...

hope this helps u..

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
If I understand it right, You synced your contacts to google account. Is it ??

If yes, the contacts are safe and when u change your mobile, all u have to do is login to google account from the new mobile and the contacts get auto synced to your new mobile :p

All i want to say is that if you have synced your contacts onto your google account, they will be present in "my contacts" folder in your gmail. You will have to check this in your desktop or gmail opened in desktop mode from the browser

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
Thanks Arnab, I wil try that later.
Rakesh, I tried your steps but can't find the My Contacts folder. Even used search for it in gmail but still couldn't.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks Arnab, I wil try that later.
Rakesh, I tried your steps but can't find the My Contacts folder. Even used search for it in gmail but still couldn't.

First backup or sync all your contacts to Gmail OR Outlook[in case of win phone]

Then log into your A/c which is registered to playstore/appstore.
Once you log in you will find Gmail mentioned with Drop down option on top left-hand side [just above COMPOSE button]. Click on it & go to contacts...
Check the foll. image

g contacts.jpg

shohankabir

Right off the assembly line
You should practice keeping backup of your phone contacts in Google Drive or in Dropbox. I do this things for myself and it always works just fine. Try to synchronize your contacts in your SD card too!

Top Bottom