How to Open Wire/Cable Ties?

Hey guys!

This may sound foolish to you but I am stuck so I am asking.
I have a 5-7 years old P4 PC. I need to replace a non-working exhaust fan, but after opening the cabinet I found that, as it should be, internal cables/wires along with the fan cable/wire are tied together (to avoid cable-clutter) with binder plastic strips of different sizes wrapped around wires. I tried untieing/opening them, but couldn't figure out how to open them. I am stuck.
I don't know what are they called- strips, ties, wire-fixers, fasteners or anything else? for your information they are white strips made of plastic.
I don't have a camera at the moment otherwise I would have attached a picture. I hope you understood. :!: :?: :!:

clmlbx

Technomancer
Ya, we understood they are made only for one time use. so it can not be untied. Only way is to cut it.

OP
R

RajivKumar123456

Broken In
Well thanks guys! I'm gonna cut them.
But are they easily available on computer shops? Are they called "zip ties" as avichandana20000 said?

(ii) Is there any better option available than use-and-throw ties , I mean reusable ties??? :?:

doomgiver

Warframe
use twist ties.
thin black/grey/white strips of plastic (about a few mm wide) with a wire running down the centre.

reusable, multipurpose. i love them.

Twist tie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
*www.supplyplaza.com/images/uploaded/100%20WEB.jpg

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
OT: ^^ Brilliant idea!! Never thought that twist ties can be used in long term purpose inside the rig. Will definitely give a try. :)

doomgiver

Warframe
they are damn useful, and if you want to move cables around, just untie.

one tie lasts around 10-15 cycles of twisting and opening.

Top Bottom