How to manage huge mp3 songs collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack// ani

In the zone
Hi all,

I’ve hundreds of mp3 songs copied in an unsorted manner in various directories….Now very often I see lots of duplicate copies of songs in other directory…wasting my valuable space. And it’s pretty impossible to short out those file manually….so is there any software which can atleast figure out those files which are having same names…so that I can delete it??

Thanks a lot

choudang

Padawan
why not. use Tuneup Util or System Mechanic... go for Search Duplicte Files..... it will search and give you the result.

legolas

Padawan
the softwares like mindsoft utilities and system mechanic hav that option, find duplicate files, i guess.. u cud giv a try on it.

but, i hav a large DVD collection of my own, not songs thou. what i do is, write the contents on the DVD on a word file and number them and the DVD as well. so that i jus search for the required string(partial strings also) and get the DVD number... i was abt to create a program which does the same but ran out of time thinking on "how to" !!!! :D :-o

/legolas

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Try the latest iTunes. It is free, an excellent jukebox and has the "find duplicate songs" feature that u want so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom