how to make windows xp safest without sp1 or sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
i'm using sify narrowband and having problem with viruses sp1 nad sp2 make my pc slow
norton doesn't dettect worms and zone alarm sucks

digen

Youngling
eh? you want to have it secured yet dont want to install the updates? Dude I believe you are under the wrong perception.
How are you trying to install the service pack 2 ?
Is it a slipstreamed or are you trying to install it upon your existing copy?
Have you scanned you system for scumware using adaware,spybot & MS anti-spyware?
What is your system configuration?

bharathbala2003

why need title?
gauravsuneja said:
i'm using sify narrowband and having problem with viruses sp1 nad sp2 make my pc slow
norton doesn't dettect worms and zone alarm sucks

well SP2 is the best free solution.. but then i dunno y u dont want it.. Zone Alarm is one of da best free firewall.. as for SPYWAYRE,Worms.. get MS ANTI SPYWARE (this month digit DVD).. SPYWARE Search and Destory.. keep nortan constantly updated.. else try Avast home edition (this month DVD)..

digen said:
eh? you want to have it secured yet dont want to install the updates? Dude I believe you are under the wrong perception.
How are you trying to install the service pack 2 ?
Is it a slipstreamed or are you trying to install it upon your existing copy?
Have you scanned you system for scumware using adaware,spybot & MS anti-spyware?
What is your system configuration?

Exactly mate.. he has sum wrong perception!! SP2 is one of the best.. and ZA too.. mayb he hasn updated any of NV updates..

@gaurav.. try these..

*www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=*www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/&e=747

run NOD32 antivirus as it also detects most of the Trojans, Spywares which r not detected by other AntiViruses....

*www.nod32.com/download/trial.htm

allindrome

Journeyman
Microsoft has released SP2 precisely for increasing the safety of the system.It shouldn't really be considered a burden considering that it is provided free.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Windows is never secured and safe. Every now and then there are some updates to fix a problem. So you can't live without the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom