how to make copy protected CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
what do you mean????
mean encrypted CD ??? so that no one else see the contents
Protected CD so that no one else can Copy or Rip it??

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Google mate ................. G-O-O-G-L-E !
There are millions of solutions for ur problem !

*www.google.com/search?q=create+make+copy+protected+cd&sourceid=opera&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

*www.google.com/search?q=software+f...ed+cd&sourceid=opera&num=50&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
use the software named alcohol 120% available on its site free for 30 days it should do the work

OP
K

kaptandeath

Right off the assembly line
Reply to saROMan

I would like to write a protected CD so that no one is able to COPY or RIP it.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Howsoever hard you may try. You can never make a CD completely copy protected. It only requires one guy with right tools and some brains to rip apart your copy-protection system.

Just think. If there would have been some effective copy protection system, Micro$oft would have been the first one to use it for their software :roll:

escape7

What? Where? How?
well, microsoft says so in its user agreement(xp&other products), that we can create one backup copy for our "own private use only"...incase the original one gets damaged, that backup can be used

rajas

In the zone
@ tuxfan: Ur rite saying that in case there is a way to prevent cd ripping MS would be first 1 to do that. as its the 1 most affected by it.

tuxfan

Technomancer
rajas said:
@ tuxfan: Ur rite saying that in case there is a way to prevent cd ripping MS would be first 1 to do that. as its the 1 most affected by it.

I am going a little off topic. But I must mention that alongwith M$ even Linux is badly affected by it.

If there wouldn't have been any pirated version of Windows around, how many of us would have bought a copy of Windows 98 or XP? People would be quick to adopt the free alternative. This is the reason that Micro$oft is not going hammer and tongs against piracy. It is trying to reduce it, but its only targetting bigger corporates and clients. It is not interested in going against smaller users because it knows that by allowing to let them use it, it is creating a generation of Windows users :roll:

Software pirates are Microsoft's enemy. But for a change, an enemy of an enemy is not a friend. Software pirates are equally affecting the growth of GNU/Linux :(

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@tuxfan: Yup, you're right. In fact, Linux is actually hurt worse than Windows because of software piracy, contrary to what the others think. By encouraging piracy, all Microsoft loses is a bit of money, but Linux ends up losing a part of a user base that might otherwise join their community if not for piracy.

@kaptandeath: If you want to protect your CDs/DVDs from being copied/ripped, then you need to get yourself a professional Copy-Protect system, and needless to say they don't exactly come cheap. There are no free/shareware stuff out there that can do the job. If you believe your software is valuable enough, then you can either get Macrovision's SafeDisc, Sony's SecuROM, LaserLock or StarForce protections for your software. While you have to order SafeDisc and SecuROM off their websites before you get access, you can try creating a CD free of charge on the LaserLock website using their online tools (it comes with a "Not for sale" warning, but its OK if you're creating only one software and is good enough to deter the casual pirate) and you can download StarForce ProActive SN100 for your licensing needs from here.

stalin

Journeyman
Even there are lot of games software which is highly protected is being copy to a virtual CD and they used it. I myself used lots of tools to rip or copy the CD's once now no time that.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom