How to learn basics of .NET & C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
As you all know I am not at all a Developer or programmer but a designer, but these days while working with WPF there are many cases where I am unable to understand many thing releated to .net & C# programming. My developer team mates use terms about which I am a noob

I need help. I need to learn the basics of .net & C#, not the real extreme coding part, just the first 10% of whole .net. Like what is event, element system, functions, class etc etc

How do I learn this??? Can you guys refer me to some book or should I join some institute here. I have already mailed Microsoft publication for such books.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Just install Visual studio and MSDN. It has amazing resources, getting started guide including step by step guide to create you first application. I like it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lolz...history is repeating, vicious circle
Happyness is temporary, job sucks

Ontopic: I remember adi007 made some cool screen reader application using the MSDN documentation. Keep it close.

Pathik

Google Bot
As you all know I am not at all a Developer or programmer but a designer, but these days while working with WPF there are many cases where I am unable to understand many thing releated to .net & C# programming. My developer team mates use terms about which I am a noob

I need help. I need to learn the basics of .net & C#, not the real extreme coding part, just the first 10% of whole .net. Like what is event, element system, functions, class etc etc

How do I learn this??? Can you guys refer me to some book or should I join some institute here. I have already mailed Microsoft publication for such books.

Arey man, Zeeshan would be the best person to answer this.

BTW, the online MSDN VC# tut would be good I suppose.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I can PM you some ebook links if you like... they are pretty good imho. I made the transition from VS6 to VS2008 (a big jump) so I found a couple of books online. Not exactly legal, but you can order them if you like the ebook.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Arey man, Zeeshan would be the best person to answer this.

Zeeshan got admission in University of Guelph, Canada. He is leaving Lucknow on 20th August. I am going to Lucknow to meet him only....his life is set in Microsoft as a Developer.

I just installed Vistual C# 2008 Express edition as this is the only language I need to know while designing apps in Microsoft Blend. Since I am a MVP, I registered & ordered some beginer books for C# from Microsoft for free.

The MSDN Library is huge. I am learning by it now, going to need lots of internet connection. This is why I was asking for a book as I can read book even when I am offline, in Metro...in Loo....while getting bored on a date....etc etc. I will look for Beginers guide to C# 2008 in Landmark or other book stores. Any publication books you guys will recomend?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ Yeah, I m checking that only along with online help

The MSDN Beginner Developer Learning Center is good. So far I have only studies what is meaning of terms, like private, public, variable, tag, element etc etc....will post here my other query soon..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom