how to join jpg with exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I don't know how exactly this works, but I heard that exe's have a jump instruction just after some sort of header which jumps execution to an offset where program code resides. Some viruses can inject themselves just after this jump and modify the jump offset to <previous offset>+<viral code size>. I am sorry if I am went wrong somewhere in my explaination, but a similar idea can be used here.
Just find that jump in a hex editor and edit it to the new value. Even if ther's no such jmp, you can insert one at the beginning. Again, I have only theoretcal knowledge and have not practised. Do try it though, it's fun.

tuxfan

Technomancer
What he is asking is something different. Actually, there is a way to do join any files with another picture files and thus hide a file from prying eyes. I forgot what its called. But there are lots of softwares (some freewares as well) to do this.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
tuxfan said:
Actually, there is a way to do join any files with another picture files and thus hide a file from prying eyes. I forgot what its called.

Thats's called image steganography. hiding a file inside any other file is generally known as steganography. The most poular ones are image steganography and mp3 steganography.

digen

Youngling
What the author wants may also be classified as exe binders ?

*www.yourwindow.to/information-security/gl_binders.htm

For a enlightening article on EXE BInders have a look here : *www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29866&highlight=exe+binders

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
desertwind said:
tuxfan wrote:
Actually, there is a way to do join any files with another picture files and thus hide a file from prying eyes. I forgot what its called.

Thats's called image steganography. hiding a file inside any other file is generally known as steganography. The most poular ones are image steganography and mp3 steganography.
The OP wants to incorporate jpg into exe and not vice versa.

Nice link to info on binders digen. Thanks.

tuxfan

Technomancer
you are right desertwind, that is what it is. Stegonography. But I was wrong. digen solved it :)

go4saket

Can anyone pass on the link from where I can download a good binding software. I tried a few randomly from the net, but unfortunately they all turned out to be Virus. So please give good links where from I can really good binder to download.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom