How to integrate sp1 with windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Some months ago in digit maganzine it was mentioned how to integrate sp2 with windows xp cd. Now when tried to integrate sp1 with windows xp in the same way as sp2, but it seems it does not work out. What is the procedure for integrating sp1 with win xp?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I think we had many thread over this... still u might wana look at this...

Slipstreaming Windows 2000/XP [SP1,SP1a,SP2]/Server 2003 SP1

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
u can also have a look here

*www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

and here

*www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
mariner said:
u can also have a look here

*www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

and here

*www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

just checking... that booth of them is about Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 2.... hmm author asked about SP1 slipstream... as he had problem following the SP2 guide on SP1....

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
saurav_cheeta said:
just checking... that booth of them is about Slipstreaming Windows XP with Service Pack 2.... hmm author asked about SP1 slipstream... as he had problem following the SP2 guide on SP1....

sorry cheeta , guessed i missed that sp1 part. wondering why anyone wud like sp1 when it had so many probs so that micro$oft had to get the sp2 fast.

just out of curiousity,

will the procedure of slipstreaming sp1 with xp pro will be different from slipstreaming sp2 with xp pro ???

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
mariner said:
will the procedure of slipstreaming sp1 with xp pro will be different from slipstreaming sp2 with xp pro ???

not really... yes u r right...... the procidure is almost same as the commands r same... but for a newcomer may b its hard change the file or dir name where needed... so may b he needed an exact guide....

mariner said:
wondering why anyone wud like sp1 when it had so many probs so that micro$oft had to get the sp2 fast

i am also thinking that... y he needs SP1.... while SP2 is there & SP3 will b out for beta testing shortly...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes they said that 2 SPs arent enough...
They said that an SP3 must be final for XP as they will try to make it secure...

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Hi guys i just wanted to integrate for fun. I tried the sp2 and it worked so i tried to do it with sp1 also. Thanks for telling me how to do it on win 2003 also.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
shivaranjan.b said:
Hi guys i just wanted to integrate for fun. I tried the sp2 and it worked so i tried to do it with sp1 also

just checking... r u trying to put SP1 in after u have put SP2 in the CD?? well that way it wont go in... as SP2 is upgrader version of SP1 so SP2 has the fix & updates that ware included in SP1.... so for fun the procidure is 1st SP1 goes in then SP2... so have fun... lol..

OP
S

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
just checking... r u trying to put SP1 in after u have put SP2 in the CD?? well that way it wont go in... as SP2 is upgrader version of SP1 so SP2 has the fix & updates that ware included in SP1.... so for fun the procidure is 1st SP1 goes in then SP2... so have fun... lol..

No i was not trying to intergrate sp1 after sp2. Just wanted to make a copy of windows with integrated sp1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom