How to install Windows 7 in my Ubuntu laptop?

priyankashah

Broken In
Hi friends,

Please let me know how do I install Win 7 on Ubuntu...I donno anything about ubuntu and even if Ubuntu is lost i don care..plz guide me urgently..

thanks
Priyanka

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
@priyanka: As u mentioned that u dont mind if u lose ubuntu then simply format ur lappie....put the windows dvd in and goto ur bios and select boot from cd from boot menu...and then format and partition ur drives and install win 7.

OP
P

priyankashah

Broken In
thanks techiemaharaj for ur reply...

ok, i have a Win 7 OS in my pc. Its a .exe file along wid some folders. Also, I have created an ISO image form that. Now i don have a Win 7 CD so i hv to create from 1 of these. Plz tell me which one shud i burn into the DVD?? the .exe file or .iso file?? and if .exe, then shud i also include the remaining folders with it??

thanks
priyanka

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
U have to burn the .iso image. It should be around 3-4 Gb. Make sure that all files are present in it. If unsure, i would suggest get a proper working dvd from someone..

meetdilip

Computer Addict
You can retain Ubuntu if you want. Install Windows 7 on proper drive and use a tool call EasyBCD which can recover Ubuntu into dual boot.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
In case u want to have both os dual boot.You can also use the in built partition manager to create a new partion and then install win 7 on it. Then use easyBCD to make boot options and make either of them bootable..

meetdilip

Computer Addict
PS : You need to make a bootable DVD with proper files for your DVD to work, if you are having issues, get a Windows 7 DVD before formatting your PC.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
You will need gparted. Available from Ubuntu Software Center. Make sure the partition for Windows 7 in NTFS.

Top Bottom