How to install SuSE 9.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hi! frnds,
I copied the ISO image of SuSE 9.1 to a CD using Nero. Now I hve WIN XP SP2. How do I install SuSE 9.1 on my PC?
Also, will my computer ask me which O.S. to open during booting?
Pleaser reply quickly..
>> Siddhartha

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hey, Guys, plz help me.. I need to install SuSE 9.1 I have 4 partitions on my 40 GB harddisk, 128 MB SDRAM, Pentium IV 1.5 GHz and NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro graphics card. How do I install SuSE?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Burn the ISO, put it inside cdrom drive, reboot, change boot sequence and reboot. again from the first installation cd...

You have the walk your path installing suse... no one will spoon feed you. In case of probs, everyone is here to help.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Followed the sequence.. Went on for the install, the following probs crept up...
> For partitioning, I don't know hwat to do in the EXPERT PARTITIONING table..., because the YAST was unable to SHRINK WINDOWS...
> Now, should I sit to defragment my 40 GB hard disk ? ? ?

JIJO

Broken In
If u don't like to partition the drive manually during installation....do the following

* remove all files in the last partition ie.emptying the last drive. OR make more than 4 GB free space and defrag that drive .and go tothe Suse installation

hafees

In the zone
u can use norton partition magic (previously powerquest) to resize an existing partition. For installing SuSE u only need 2GB+space. But it is recommended to free a 4GB+space (incase u want to install other linux s/w or 3 or 4cd linux distributions ). Partition maigic will be availabe with ur friends or any computer hardware shop.( ofcourse may be pirated - u only need the dos part)

when installation starts it can automatically arrange ur free space. or for better efficiecy try like this.
/boot - 75 MB (MAX or 15 Mb min)
linux swap - 400 MB
/home - 1 GB (Here u store all of ur data. when u go for a reinstall, u dont need to format it sothat all data will be safe - u may skip it also).
/ all the remaining spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom