How To Install Fedora Core 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Hello Friends
I Am Having Fedora Core 4 And I Want To Install It On The Same Drive In Which Windows Xp Is
Installed How To Do It .I Haven't Tried Ever To Install Linux Please Tell Me By Installing
Fedora Core I Will Have To Format Whole My Hard Drive If No Please Tell me The Procedure

thnx in advance

mediator

Technomancer
*www.samspublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=169466&seqNum=3&rl=1
*stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html

Neways u shud install FC6 now. FC7 will be out soon! 8)

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey friend no you will not have to format whole of hdd. Just you have to do is to make 2 new partition without any file system through xp partition manager. Use one as swap ans one as root. You should also note that FC4 will not display windows partitions.

mediator

Technomancer
A typical mount command is like "mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/winc" where hda1 is the 1st partition and "winc" is the folder on which it is to be mounted. That doesn't mean that the folder will be filled with all the space of that partition.

Neways mountng is a very easy task, which u can find thru googling. So u shud concentrate on installing it first and read the links I gave. For any further questions u can start a new thread here later or search first.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I doubt the searching capabilities of a person who can't even post in the right section. Linux can very well see windows partitions, rather windows won't see linux partitions.
Here's one result for mounting FAT drives under linux *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17793
For NTFS read-write support you will need to install ntfs-3g, the how-to is there in the links given by mediator.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
first make sure ur partitions and its names by using "fdisk <SPACE> -l" in a terminal.terminal is in the menu Applications>Accessories>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom