How to Import favorites in Mozilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Before you all people tell that I could have searched in google I would like to tell you that I did search in google. I took a backup of my bookmarks in Mozilla. But now after I reinstalled XP on my computer I' m unable to import the favorites. When I click on the bookmarks file which I had taken a back up of earlier I'm able to get only a page consisting of the book marks? Is it possible in any way that I can have my old favorites arranged as before in Mozilla again?

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Importing Bookmarks

If you have previously used a different browser or want to e.g. import your bookmarks from a memory stick or other media, Bookmark Manager's Import function is what you are looking for.

*mozilla.gunnars.net/img/ff_bookmark_import1.png

To open Import, select File -> Import in Firefox's Bookmark Manager window.

*mozilla.gunnars.net/img/ff_bookmarks_import_2.png

A new window will appear, asking you where you want to import your bookmarks from. If you want to import your IE favorites, or if you want to import bookmarks from a Mozilla Suite or Netscape 6/7 profile, select the appropriate option. Firefox will automatically find and import your favorites/bookmarks for you.

If you want to import bookmarks from another browser, backed up Firefox bookmarks, or bookmarks from any other source, select From File. In this case, a dialog window will appear that allows you to select the file you wish to import. Please note that it may be necessary to export your bookmarks first, depending on the browser you want to import them from.

Source: *mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_bookmarks_tutorial.html

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
The problem is I have only one option which is Microsoft Internet Explorer. I don't have other options mentioned. :(

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
The latest version that I downloaded from the net. I'm not in front of the computer so I can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom