Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
I am using Tata Indicom broadband connection which provide me a static ip address so i am thinking to host a site for some time so tell me how this can be possible.
Please help me out
Thanks in advance.........:confused::confused::confused:

OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Charan said:
Please check the similar threads at the bottom.
|
|
|
V

thanks for reply but i am unable to see any link at the bottom so please repost the link again
i will be grreatfull
thanks in advance :(:(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Here are the links. Pls scroll the the end of the page to see the "Similar Threads"

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68170
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54960
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14319

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Dude,why do you want to host the website on your own PC?

I agree that broadband and static ip favour that but remember that then you will also face severe security threats
You may need to keep ur PC on for the entire day if u want that ur site shud be accessible always.

Moreover,you will have problems even if u want to surf the net because that will eat ur bandwidth nd make ur site slow

I suggest you buy a server space and domain name(free webspace and free subdomain are also available,jus search in google!)

Just in case you still decide to host ur website,then do as follows:
1. Download WAMP Server(Apache,PHP,MySQLite-Total around 20 MB download)......thats only if u are gonna use PHP scripts or have dynamic/data driven webpages.If u r gonna use somple HTML,then no need to use PHP and MySQL!

2. Install the server software

3.Go the Folder(Directory) where u installed the server software and find a folder named as 'www'.Copy all your webpages and necessary images from the local folder to the the 'www' folder in server directory.(Remember to name the first page-which you want ur visitors to see as they enter ur site as index.html)

4.Visit www.whatismyip.com and find out your IP.ur IP address will be something like 203.115.12.21.
Pass on this number to ur friends or clients as ur web address.
Note: If u want ur web address to be something like www.mywebaddress.com ,then u will hav to register a domain name and manage the DNS to change it to your IP!

Last edited:
OP
abhinav_bipnesh

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
i known all these issuse & i just want to have some fun with the static ip provided by tata & also i want to share some file with my friend thats the whole purpose. I have tried with the IIS which come with windows vista home premium but my problem is that i can't see the test page when i try to put my static ip. i get some other pages like my dsl config page & not the my test page which is iis page.
As my internal network is configured to have a dchp setup i.e. my adsl has an static ip & internal computers have a dchp address so how to make my iis test page visible to the external world i have even tried no-ip & port forwarding of port 80 to my pc address but no solution.

Please help me out..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom