How to get subsidized AAkash 2 tablet

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i think , you should skip Aakash. i and my friends pre-booked it on Dec 2011(i guess), my friend has got a call last month(2013 dec) that aakash tablet is ready to ship now :shock: they took 2 years to process the order lol. their service is non-existing and there has been several issues and has been a news to the news channels also.
you should check other alternatives. eventhough they cost higher, for peace of mind it is better to avoid it.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
dont know much about it. let others suggest. ,mention your budget too. get something which has e-ink screen. much better battery life.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Budget: bare minimum. Actually I'm not even planning to buy it. Was interested because of it's price (!₹1130). Anyways, would like to know cheapest ebook reader/tablet.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am getting plenty of calls now from Mumbai numbers about Akash tablet. I tell them, "no thanks, I bought Nexus 7. After which they can't help but disconnect the call themselves.
They have got pretty bad reputation now. Don't know if they can ever come out of it.

@harshilsharma63: Don't buy crap. Save some money and buy a good tab. And since I own a Nexus 7 I can't recommend you any other tab, since all feels crap in front of N7. :p

No offense to anyone. :oops:

Top Bottom