How to get rid of spam SMSs?

rider

as Kratos
Heyy, friends. I'm having BSNL Prepaid SIM that I'm using right now, the problem is it gets many spam messages from shops to sell their products. What should I do, please don't recommend me SMS blocker because they use different IDs everytime. I know about DND services but after texting START DND to 1909. It shows SMS is not in proper format.
Please HELP!!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
NDNC India – Do Not Call Register India
Stop All Calls

To enroll in the National Do Not Call registry in India, do one of the following.

Send an SMS with the message START 0 to 1909 OR Call 1909 and follow instructions

Note: If the above SMS is not recognized, try sending the old format message START DND to 1909

You may call 1909 or use below form to enquire current status and know your NDNC registration date.

Check Registration Status
Stop Calls by Category

Send an SMS with the message STOP 3 to 1909 to stop promotional offers related to Education.

Below is a list of category numbers.

Banking/Insurance/Financial products/credit cards
Real Estate
Education
Health
Consumer goods and automobiles
Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT
Tourism and Leisure

Note: We do NOT store or otherwise keep track of the phone numbers or complaint numbers you submit.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
here is the official page Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Portal

IIRC it will take up to30 7 days for your number to get into the filter list once you register..

There are still many violators who will send SMS or call you even when you have registered with NDNC.. I keep getting calls and SMS'es from "HDFC" bank for credit card and Personal Loan.

here is a quote from the TRAI website.
On successful registration, customer will receive an SMS confirming exercised options and a Unique Registration Number within 24 hrs. The registration will be effective within 7 days of placing the request with the service provider. The customers can check the status of their registration by clicking on "Customer Registration Status".

Customer can also change the preferences after 7 days of registration or the last change of preference.

If customer receives UCC even after 7 days of registration, he can register a complaint with his service provider within 3 days of receipt of such UCC by dialing or sending SMS to 1909. Customers will have to provide the telephone number or header of the message from where the call or message has been received, short description of such call or message along with the date and time.

For complaint through SMS, customer has to send SMS "COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX;dd/mm/yy;Time in hh:mm; short description of Unsolicited Commercial Communication" to 1909. Where XXXXXXXXXX - is the telephone number or header of the SMS, from which the UCC has originated.

roady

Digital Marketer
android is so good in this for me.. i just need to tap once to block an sms.. not much of a problem eh?
Used to get 20 sms per day 6 months back.. now just once.. at max. :)

samudragupta

Youngling
i am using loop mobile and had called up the cc and they sent a request on my behalf.... surprisingly the spams stopped in a couple of days!! did you call bsnl cc??

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
i am using loop mobile and had called up the cc and they sent a request on my behalf.... surprisingly the spams stopped in a couple of days!! did you call bsnl cc??

I've done almost same thing with my Vodafone SIM. Called CC and they have done the necessary steps on behalf of me and spam messages stop in next 2-3 days.

Top Bottom