HOW TO GET bettr fps ?! HELP PLEASE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

papashango_cs

Broken In
hello !
i am a bit dissapointed with my rig, i expected A LOT BETTER performnce ! im getting 20-30 fps in gta 4 on HIGH settings (NOT MAX [resource usage 900/1005] )
here is my config ,
amd phenom x4 945 3.0
2 X 2 gb corsair 133mhz ddr3
MSI hd6850 1gb
500w psu
windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
--
i think the settings havent been done properly..
i know my rig can do better
please suggest me something !
i saw many people on youtube having a lower config , and still getting better fps !
i have turned off VSync..
wat more should i do ?!!
im sad :'(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
download & install tuneup utilities 2011. in the first page theres an option to create a profile. create it & a few suggestions will land up. go through each suggestion & ignore/accept depending on you.

but i feel the biggest problem is your card isn't able to run to its full potential cause of that PSU you having. if i can remember well, thats a Zebronics 500W PSU. change it while you can.

OP
papashango_cs

papashango_cs

Broken In
download & install tuneup utilities 2011. in the first page theres an option to create a profile. create it & a few suggestions will land up. go through each suggestion & ignore/accept depending on you.

but i feel the biggest problem is your card isn't able to run to its full potential cause of that PSU you having. if i can remember well, thats a Zebronics 500W PSU. change it while you can.

hmmm...
ok, i'l save money and get a corsair vx 550w . will that be good enough ?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
There are many reasons for your lag, like..

The game isn't optimized for ATI cards ( to be frank.. it is optimized for nothing). It is a system hog.. because of it's huge scale. In the game, Anything can happen anywhere at anytime. It has to run multiple threads for pedestrians, vehicles, physics, etc. So.. it will take awful amount of CPU resources. You have a pretty good CPU, but it is simply not sufficient to run games like GTA at higher frame rates.

And even though your PSU is not a good one. It is not the reason for your lag here. Your only possible option for increasing the frame rates is.. get a better cpu. Or simply.. play at the frames what you are getting. You can't do much about this issue. And the game is pretty much playable even when it drops to 20FPS. That is the good thing about the game.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fact is, you are using a pirated GTA IV copy. So, it will run choppy. Source: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/135534-gta-4-problem-please-please-help.html

May be your game 'rip' is not optimized. People running the game better in lower configuration are using the original game or a better rip. A PSU upgrade will be good.

Buy the game: nextworld.in: Buy Grand Theft Auto IV in India

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Wut!? Ripped runs slower? please...

Genuine copy has to run Rockstar Social club, GFWL, and some web 2.0 elements in the game while running the game. Where as OTHER versions entirely eliminates the necessity of social club, GFWL. No to mention they surpasses DRM check.. one less thing to worry about. I'm not promoting OTHER version or something..Infact, I own both EFLC, GTA 4. But, Just stating the facts :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wut!? Ripped runs slower? please...
Fact, I won't be helping out someone who has pirated the game. Never said rips run slower, please. :| Seen choppy performance with a couple of bad PES rips before.

Locking the thread.

Genuine copy has to run Rockstar Social club, GFWL, and some web 2.0 elements in the game while running the game. Where as OTHER versions entirely eliminates the necessity of social club, GFWL. No to mention they surpasses DRM check.. one less thing to worry about. I'm not promoting OTHER version or something..Infact, I own both EFLC, GTA 4. But, Just stating the facts :p
None of the things I'm concerned with. One shouldn't expect a game to run properly if he hasn't paid for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom