how to format my hp lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitgiri

Journeyman
hi frnds i want to format my hp lappy wich have inbuilt vista and have 2 drives one of recovery. I want re partision its hdd and want to install xp plz help me.

prakashr85

Journeyman
u dont mention what model it is .any way if it is preloaded with vista use xp bootable cd to repartition or use vista bootable dvd to repartition if with xp bootable cd doesnt detect ur hard drive then u have to integrate the specific driver for xp with that cd

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^no.

you can call the HP Customer Care & they'll guide you through out the process of creating partitions.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
i have heard that the warrenty of the lappie is void if u format it? can someone please confirm?
No........

hi frnds i want to format my hp lappy wich have inbuilt vista and have 2 drives one of recovery. I want re partision its hdd and want to install xp plz help me.
First Download driver for XP from hp.com
than boot using XP CD, and follow usual methods.

Last edited:

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
my frnd is having [SIZE=-1]HP Pavilion DV 2519TU, the problem is his HDD does not get recognized with XP disk.

if you face any such problem then this might help.

*forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1197839
[/SIZE]

ksvprasad

Broken In
You are right. When you try to install Windows XP on a dv2519tu Notebook, it does not detect the Hard drive. The reason is the dv2519tu Notebook is shipped with a SATA drive and a Windows XP disk does not include the SATA drivers by default. So, it will fail to detect the Hard drive and you will get a message that the Hard drive is not found.

You need to install the SATA drivers provided by HP at the following link and to do this, you need a USB Floppy drive as this Notebook does not have a Floppy drive built-in.

Get the SATA drivers and the steps to install it at the following HP website:

*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/generi...softwareitem=ob-39535-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

You will then be able to install Windows XP. If you do not find a floppy drive, you can still go ahead and include the SATA drivers into a Windows XP installation disk. You will need the original Windows XP disk, a blank disk, a free utility named NLite and the SATA drivers from the manufacturer.

You can download the NLite from:

*home.midmaine.com/~nlite/nlite/nLite-1.4.5.installer.exe

You will find the steps to integrate the SATA drivers into the Windows XP installation disk at the following NLite website:

*www.nliteos.com/guide/

Let me know if this helps you or you require any further clarifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom