how to find open ports ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

assddd

Broken In
i know that i need to write in cmd netstat -an
but when i try to check with Azureus client if those ports are open, it says they are closed.

please help, how can i find open ports ?

listening ports means ports that are in use ?

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
assddd said:
i know that i need to write in cmd netstat -an
but when i try to check with Azureus client if those ports are open, it says they are closed.

please help, how can i find open ports ?

listening ports means ports that are in use ?

buddy no hacking help in this forum u can google ur question and can find the answer
AFAIK finding potrs which r open is very difficult cos from thousands of active ports only one or two opens and that to for very small period of time .

someone plz correct me if i am wrong

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
saurabh kakkar said:
buddy no hacking help in this forum
dear, who told u that only hackers wanna know open ports ??
saurabh kakkar said:
u can google ur question and can find the answer
& u can get answers of nearly all questions from google, then why these forums are for??
saurabh kakkar said:
AFAIK finding potrs which r open is very difficult cos from thousands of active ports only one or two opens and that to for very small period of time .

Who says that it's difficult...??? Now a days u don't have to do it manually.

U can get port scanner HERE

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
shirish_nagar said:
dear, who told u that only hackers wanna know open ports ??

& u can get answers of nearly all questions from google, then why these forums are for??

thanks for correcting me But i wana know for what else purpose u wana know open ports ?
AFAIK these forum is for sharing u r knowledge u r experience lerning from some one which google cant lol

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
saurabh kakkar said:
But i wana know for what else purpose u wana know open ports ?

Knowing open ports u can investigate if u have trojan horse or malware installed.

Most of them open specific ports to communicate with their client softwares.

OP
A

assddd

Broken In
saurabh kakkar said:
thanks for correcting me But i wana know for what else purpose u wana know open ports ?
AFAIK these forum is for sharing u r knowledge u r experience lerning from some one which google cant lol

i said i need it for Azureus.

shirish_nagar said:

these programs are completely secured ?

Last edited:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Ofcourse they are buddy. They are meant specially for Network Administrator.

I am guessing you want to check opened ports so u can set azures to use that port. Am I right?

Well her is a suggestion, you can manually open ports in your firewall and router (modem.) Do this. Its better if open ports ourselves and then set Azures or utorrent to use that port.

@saurabh kakkar
You need to open port if you want to download with full potential on utorrent or azures.

OP
A

assddd

Broken In
Quiz_Master said:
Ofcourse they are buddy. They are meant specially for Network Administrator.

I am guessing you want to check opened ports so u can set azures to use that port. Am I right?

Well her is a suggestion, you can manually open ports in your firewall and router (modem.) Do this. Its better if open ports ourselves and then set Azures or utorrent to use that port.

@saurabh kakkar
You need to open port if you want to download with full potential on utorrent or azures.

i prefer not to mess with my router (my brother wont let me, and i cant make him open ports for me).

OP
A

assddd

Broken In
i used Nmap and i found an open port but the test i did with azureus said it is closed.
is it open or closed ?

OP
A

assddd

Broken In
a port is opened and i used it in azureus, the test in that program says its closed.
anyway, now that i put it there will my download be faster (im downloading torrents with 5 - 10 seeders) ?

my downloads should be much faster ?
what do you think my max download speed should be ?

i have 2.5 MB adsl.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
@assddd : You can go here "*www.grc.com/x/portprobe=xxxx".

Replace xxxx with a port number of your choice and check again...if it is open then use it..else try try again...and you will definitely succeed..

Jopatel

Right off the assembly line
Hi Saurabh

you are 110% wrong about it, finding open port is not hacking, it is actually prevent for being hacked. so please practice b4 u preach.

Thanks
Jo

buddy no hacking help in this forum u can google ur question and can find the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom