How To Finalize data DVD-D

root.king

geek in action
guys i'm using nero 10 as my burning program.
Once in the middel of the burning procces power gone . And now that dvd-r showing that 'no data' in it but even i cant burn any data in it so how can i finalize it. Plz help me guys i have some importent office files in it and i cant loose it in any condition.

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
@kiranbhat: the DVD is now as good as unusable.

Q:can u see the burning mark on its surface?

YA i can see its about 90% completed and i had made a disk image using nero but it's not opening when i mount it using 'power iso':-(
is it opens if i'll burn it on another dvd

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
YA i can see its about 90% completed and i had made a disk image using nero but it's not opening when i mount it using 'power iso':-(
is it opens if i'll burn it on another dvd

No..as the burning is only 90% complete so the DVD data is unreadable now..
u have to burn in a new DVD.

to get a perfect working/readable DVD it must be burned till 100% with Lead-In/Lead Out operation completed

thats why the iso is also not opening in power iso

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
so then thats waste of money,time and my data :-(
can anybody have any another solution to this problem,...
Plz help me guys.

Zangetsu

@kiranbhat:what is finalize of DVD...it means no further writing is possible...so its not mandatory to check the finalize option while burning..

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
@kiranbhat:what is finalize of DVD...it means no further writing is possible...so its not mandatory to check the finalize option while burning..

ya i know that, but somewhere i read think in google search that movie disks can be readable after finalizing.

Readable after finalizing? Yes of course. All discs ate readable after finalizing. Finalizing doesn't mean that the disc is no longer usable. It just means that you can't burn it again.

or did you mean something else?

Zangetsu

ya i know that, but somewhere i read think in google search that movie disks can be readable after finalizing.

err..u r considering it a in wrong way...

we can burn data in DVD in two modes
1) Mutisession 2) No multisession

in multisession u can burn as many times as long as there is space available on DVD...

but in no-multisession u can't burn it again...its a one time burning activity.

so suppose u think that the DVD is fully occupied with data then u put a lock in it so no further writing is possible (i.e no multisession).

thats the main purpose of finalize (putting a stop).

so its not necessary to do the finalizing activity.
Hence,it doesn't mean that finalizing will make the DVD readable..it will be readable also when u successfully complete the burning process.

OP
root.king

root.king

geek in action
err..u r considering it a in wrong way...

we can burn data in DVD in two modes
1) Mutisession 2) No multisession

in multisession u can burn as many times as long as there is space available on DVD...

but in no-multisession u can't burn it again...its a one time burning activity.

so suppose u think that the DVD is fully occupied with data then u put a lock in it so no further writing is possible (i.e no multisession).

thats the main purpose of finalize (putting a stop).

so its not necessary to do the finalizing activity.
Hence,it doesn't mean that finalizing will make the DVD readable..it will be readable also when u successfully complete the burning process.

Ya thats all correct but in nero if i hit the 'disk info' tab then its showing '3track 4folder' found then its readable in another way,
then how cant finalize it like writing a last finalize track.....

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@kiranbhat: Just create a new disk dude. That's why a UPS is necessary while working on computers. Specially when you are burning disks! :p

Top Bottom