How to execute linux files with .iso extention

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Friends!
I joined just now & this is my first query, And just wanted to know that how can I run the Linux Installation files with .iso extension. Plz Help me.
Thanks in advance. :roll:

samjkd

Broken In
Hai all

files with .iso extensions r ment for burning them in to cd. u can use the default cd-writing software in linux or nero in windows

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Sorry guys you can run .iso files in linux all you have to do is the folloing as root
copy the .iso onto the hdd
make a dir say /mnt/iso
mount the .iso by giving the command
#mount -o loop -t iso9660 filename.iso /mnt/iso
thats it now change to /mnt/iso and run it.

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
samjkd said:
Hai all

files with .iso extensions r ment for burning them in to cd. u can use the default cd-writing software in linux or nero in windows

Thanks for the response but don't u know abt any executing software for it?

nixcraft

Journeyman
pradeep_chauhan said:
Sorry guys you can run .iso files in linux all you have to do is the folloing as root
make a dir say /mnt/iso
Just one addition to this command is right but support for loop device must be compiled in kernel although many distro do have but just thought in case… and under windows you can use app winimage from *www.winimage.com/ or m$ itself got small utility which act as virtual driver you can get it m$ web site

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
nixcraft said:
pradeep_chauhan said:
make a dir say /mnt/iso
Just one addition to this command is right but support for loop device must be compiled in kernel although many distro do have but just thought in case? and under windows you can use app winimage from *www.winimage.com/ or m$ itself got small utility which act as virtual driver you can get it m$ web site
Well. That's really helping but HOW DID U GOT THAT AVATAR. PLZZZZZ TELL ME. I ALSO WANNA USE SUCH MOVING AVATARS. THANX.[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom