How to enjoy Doom 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I have been playing doom 3 for a few days now. I have finished ENPRO and have started comm transfer level. But if find it boring and repetitive. Ia m only playing because of peer pressure. I heard that doom 3 has good graphics but I find it to be quite bad. I was playing HL2 before starting doom 3 and it had good graphics. I am playing high quality settings with 1024*xxx resolution since I didnt notice and quality increase in ultra high but only stuttering every 10 mins for a fraction ofa second. I am getting stable 56-63 fps. I am playing with 5.1 creative inspire t6060 speakers with lights off and at 11pm to 2 am. But I dont find the game interesting or making me want to find out what happens in the next level like in games like HL2 and gothic etc. I am also experiencing motion sickness.

Any suggestions?

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Doom 3 is Seriously Boring... and yup! Too Repetitive..

I Finished it tho, Along with "Resurrection or Evil".

(One more thing, I HATE IMPS)

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
adithyagenius said:
Ia m only playing because of peer pressure.

LOL, thats the LAST thing u ought to do :p
IMO, all KILL-THE-ALIEN games are stupid, with a rare xception.
Get a good game, (either COD or CSS) playable online. And since u r playing 3 hrs a day....u shud soon find your way among the top

K

krazyfrog

The only good thing about Doom 3 was that it was a good tool to display the power of your graphics card. But as far as gameplay is concerned, it does get quiet repetitive after some time. Also it seems as if its trying too hard to scare you. Although it does seem to work in the beginning, later you don't even seem to blink at the arrival of a monster. Try using cheats and finish the game fast.

S

shashank_digitreader

adithyagenius said:
I have been playing doom 3 for a few days now. I have finished ENPRO and have started comm transfer level. But if find it boring and repetitive. Ia m only playing because of peer pressure. I heard that doom 3 has good graphics but I find it to be quite bad. I was playing HL2 before starting doom 3 and it had good graphics. I am playing high quality settings with 1024*xxx resolution since I didnt notice and quality increase in ultra high but only stuttering every 10 mins for a fraction ofa second. I am getting stable 56-63 fps. I am playing with 5.1 creative inspire t6060 speakers with lights off and at 11pm to 2 am. But I dont find the game interesting or making me want to find out what happens in the next level like in games like HL2 and gothic etc. I am also experiencing motion sickness.

Any suggestions?

arey stupid, Doom 3 was the best game i ever played, it may be boring but the game will scare u. And its impossible to complete the game without cheats.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
shashank_digitreader said:
And its impossible to complete the game without cheats.
WTF?? The Game is Damn Easy!! Even in Normal Mode!! All Imps do is Jump on You, and you Shot Gun or Plasma Gun Them!! Whats so Difficult in That?

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
forget the imps ..shoot the game cd instead..then go play FEAR..that is real horror , real graphics, real story etc...heck if you love the franchise..go for quake 4...

remember uninstall doom 3 now

doom_marine

Journeyman
Seriously don't play doom 3 i definetly would suggest FEAR at the same timings and high sound. Really can scare you. It scared me. The game is one of my favorites also

Third Eye

gooby pls
try to play FEAR with lights turned off :D and why are u still playing doom3..i crushed the game cd a long time ago..booring.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
The graphics are only good if you live in the stone age. Else they are best average or even below par from todays standards.

Stalker

Padawan
akshayt said:
The graphics are only good if you live in the stone age. Else they are best average or even below par from todays standards.

don't u think thats a little harsh.....Doom3 is still used as a benchmark for gfx cards

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Most of the games are more stressful that Doom3 today. Pickup any game of 2005/2006 and 9/10 will be more stressful that Doom3. Even Most Wanted is more stressful, Fear, Quake 4, Prey, Oblivion, TimeShift, Call of Juarez, Company of Heroes, how many do you want me to name?

blademast3r

In the zone
subbzzz said:
Doom 3 is Seriously Boring... and yup! Too Repetitive..

I Finished it tho, Along with "Resurrection or Evil".

(One more thing, I HATE IMPS)
Its a daaaaaaark repetetiv game...stopped playin after reachin delta labs..
btw every1 hates imps :D
try playin quake 4...it has the same engine,but muuuuch better

crazy_sumi

Broken In
The only things that are enjoyable in Doom3 are the graphics and the character detail.....

The Ai is bland, totally easy to defeat and have repetititve tactics.
The sounds are quite lackluster too.

If you want to play a true FPS, then grab a copy of COD 2 or Far Cry, and leave doom 3 as it is...

Or else, play the god of FPS ....... Half life series !!!

hellrider

Broken In
FEAR isn't scary, I felt the game scary in initial moments wen Alma appears, but this becomes repeatative after sometime, & to me the appearance of that girl was like a little break after spending sometime killing those clonies, she doesn't do any real harm!!

As for me, the most scariest game is System shock 2!!.. just plain awesome, waiting for its spiritual successor Bioshock, being developed by the team who created SS2 & Thief series!!

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I couldnt take it anymore so I uninstalled it. I guess its not worth playing. I am playing san andreas now. Just did 100 tags and amublance mission and now doing CRASH missions. The game is good.

@hellrider
I agree with you about system shock 2.
Did anyone try system shock 1? Is it as good as SS2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom