How to enable USB power on after PC shutdown

gold

Broken In
I recently bought a wi-fi router to run net on my laptop .the router is powered by a usb cable which is connected to my pc . The problem is that to keep the router on I've to keep the PC on too.... is there any way by which I can configure my usb ports so that they will provide voltage after pc shutsdown though ups is on?
My motherboard is Intel DH55TC

Skynaveen

★★★-DREADLORD-★★★
Buy something like this:

*i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/ol-images/hometech/uploads/2007-05-03-ac_to_usb.jpg

Digarmoca

Right off the assembly line
You can buy a wall charger with USB port so you don't need to connect the router to the computer. It won't cost a lot.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
I recently bought a wi-fi router to run net on my laptop .the router is powered by a usb cable which is connected to my pc . The problem is that to keep the router on I've to keep the PC on too.... is there any way by which I can configure my usb ports so that they will provide voltage after pc shutsdown though ups is on?
My motherboard is Intel DH55TC

Get a wall charger?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Which model WIFI router do you have? strange that it doesnt come with a AC adapter. Any way do not go for the cheap adapters.. they are not good. Belkin has some charges take a look at those
Belkin : : Chargers & Cables

coolsunny

Journeyman
cheapest & more convenient solution buy Huntkey power strip. Model: Huntkey B Series PZB404-2.. you can find this in ebay costing 675/-.

Top Bottom