how to enable my TASK MANAGER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
HELP ! my 'task manager' seems to have got disabled. how can i 'enable' it again ? pls help by giving detailed instructions. :(

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
disabled as in ? If option is not visible to you or disabled and you cannot enable it then you probably do not have administrator rights . Login with admin credentials and you should be able to see the task Manager option.

swatkat

Technomancer
If you dont have rights (if it's disabled by Admin), then you cant use Task Manager.
But you can use alternative tools for viewing/killing Tasks, like Process Explorer or Process Viewer of HijackThis.
*www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
*www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
mine is a single user pc, with myself being the only one using it.

now when i right click on the task bar, the Task Manager option in the menu appears lighter (disabled), since the last 2 days, compared to the other entries like Toolbars, Lock the Taskbar, Properties, etc. And nothing happens when i click on Task Manager !

i logged on in the safe mode. first as an Administrator, and yes i could see
and operate the Task Manager.

then i logged on in the Safe Mode as ACK (my personal Settings), and i could NOT see the task manager. earlier on, i could see and operate the task manager in all modes.

another thing i also just noticed that, several of my applications like
AdAware, Spybot, SpySweeper, etc, NOW, just work only in the Safe Mode; but they fail to even Start-Up in the regular mode.

the problem seems to have occured at the same time.

kya gadbad hua hai, can anyone help ! ? :cry:

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
found problem had used 'fix-it utilities'. created problems. restored back-ups. solved problem. thanx anyways, guys ! :)

moral : take care b4 using utilities blindly.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
ok! man try this one! too ..

if U r on a XP pro type gpedit.msc at run .. then follow the path as suggested here: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > system > Ctrl+Alt+Delete options > then in right panel look for .. remove task manager option option .. U must find it enabled . .disable it! :D

I hope this might just solve ur problem try it! .. & dunt forget to click on apply after disabling this option!
gud luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom