how to do lan on bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnathelord

In the zone
how to do lan lan on bluetooth?
i have a compaq laptop with blue tooth and a pc with a blue tooth dongle
i can discover the devises on each other,
i even made a network access connection with config ip- 192.168.0.1, and 192.168.0.2 in laptop and pc respectively

now the comps show that the network cable connected @ 700kbs

but i m unable to either ping or transfer file to other

i even tried pairing but didnt helped!

pls help

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Did you check that your firewall isn't blocking the connection? Well that's the first thing have you checked that up?

sba

Journeyman
*www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Wireless_Programming/Bluetooth/Q_20766049.html
This should help you a bit.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You don't have to pay anything you just gotta register with experts exchange thts it. And, yeah almost forgot registeration is free.

choudang

Padawan
You have to craete a Wireless Access point. Go to contorl panel, Wireless Network Setup-- enter your SSID... fine.. u done it

*www.danasoft.com/sig/greatwarrior.jpg

choudang

Padawan
theraven said:
bluetooth and wireless are diff right?
so u cant setup a bluetooth network using wireless network setup

to create Wireless LAN, we have to go for WiFi SD card. what is the techonlogy for WiFi. we have create 1 access point SSID. after createing access points in others computers its done. next you have to insert ur CARD in usb port.

Bluetooth devices are used to create a wireless communication. e.g. connect your Handset to PC with a bluetooth dongle.

*services.nexodyne.com/email/icon/Q0uQGVutrP05jChumhiS/A%2BgIgdQ%3D/R01haWw%3D/0/image.png
*services.nexodyne.com/email/icon/ucIMZzewKm0LRJRg0eOl/WYkO4lI%3D/SG90bWFpbA%3D%3D/0/image.png

theraven

Technomancer
yes i understand
but bluetooh is not equal to wifi
u cannot configure bluetooth lan using wifi setup and vice versa

also bluetooth is not compatible with wifi so u cant use bluetooth to connect to a wireless SSID

digen

Youngling
Is a Bluetooth PAN[Personal Area Network] what you are looking for ?
Check the below link for detailed information regarding setting up a Bluetooth PAN.

*support.microsoft.com/kb/883259

And check the second link for troubleshooting problems w.r.t bluetooth PAN.

*support.microsoft.com/kb/883258

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom