How to display information for mp3 files in Explorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhavj1

Broken In
This is a Windows Explorer related problem that I'm observing related to my mp3 files. In the Explorer window in the Tiles view below the file name ideally the artist name,album name etc. are displayed in slightly lighter shade of black (grayish type).But they are not displayed on my computer. I want to correct the problem so that the artist name,album name etc. are displayed along with the song below it.
The problem begun occuring when I disabled the displaying of thumbnail for a video.(As that itself caused a problem with some videos forcing the explorer window to close down)
I guess in activation of non display of the thumbnail option somehow the non display of mp3 information also got activated.
Hence I would like to enable the display of file information for the mp3 file without affecting the status for the viewing for the thumbnail of the file that is I want the thumbnail for videos to remain deactivated.
And unfortunately I don't remember how I deactivated the thubnail view(I guess it was through the command prompt).
Please help so that I can again view file information for my mp3s.
Thank You.

OP
A

anubhavj1

Broken In
did it but problem not solved.
It is not that simple i think because i personally changed the default settings to be what they are. But along with the video file settings the mp3 settings also got affected.

K. Thanks to everyone for not replyin soon enough.Got me impatient and found the solution myself simply had to re-enable media services from the command prompt
using regsvr32 shmedia.dll
The solution is for anyone who has the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom