how to delete fun.exe ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekrules

Broken In
operating system : windowsxp professional service pack 2

I am suffering from a virus named 'fun.exe' this virus is set to execute on all boot.
My antivirus however detected it but I mistakenly accept it.I want to delete the virus as soon as
possible ,what should I do,
virus feature:
1)this virus can not be deleted.
2)this virus is 56.7 kilo byte
3)this virus is executing repetiously

please help me delete that virus !! :( :(

kpmsivachand

SivaChand
Using Anvir software you can find the which corresponding dll files for fun.exe... Log into the safemode and delete the dll file and exe...

Link : *www.anvir.com/index.htm

dsuresh

Broken In
hi,
i had faced same problem yesterday .. solution is NOD32 antivirus ya...

u cannot delete the folder or file in ur system . .. i have report to avira antivirus and some company ....

just try NOD32 ....

soon , another wise yahoo and some account detail will delete or lose

u can find 500++ infected files in ur system ....

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Boot into Safe mode with networking. Turn off system restore.Than do full system online scan.

You ca few good options here:
*www.techhunt.org/node/72

shadow2get

In the zone
Actually, my friend's lappy was infected with the same Virus. Me & my friend(works in McAfee) tried to remove it manually from Startup, Registry entries, etc. Failed to do so.

My friend then told me to do the following:

1. Startup in Safe Mode. Open Task Manager. Kill all the Fun.exe & other suspicious processes if any.

2. Create Folder c:\scan

*download.nai.com/products/licensed/superdat/english/intel/sdat5221.exe

Download this file to c:\scan

(NOTE: Download the following from another non-infected computer if possible or start Safe Mode with Networking to download it)

3. From command prompt, goto c:\scan
Type :
sdatxxxx.exe /e (downloaded filename /e to extract the contents)

4. Type :
scan.exe c:\ /sub /clean
The above procedure did find & remove the virus. But the virus had added some registry entries so that it would startup when u enter windows. So you may have to do remove that manually.

Hopefully, this will remove the virus, any other viruses or any spyware/malware.

Lemme know if that worked.
:cool:

OP
vivekrules

vivekrules

Broken In
Boot into Safe mode with networking. Turn off system restore.Than do full system online scan.

You ca few good options here:
*www.techhunt.org/node/72
have done that also.. :(

Actually, my friend's lappy was infected with the same Virus. Me & my friend(works in McAfee) tried to remove it manually from Startup, Registry entries, etc. Failed to do so.

My friend then told me to do the following:

The above procedure did find & remove the virus. But the virus had added some registry entries so that it would startup when u enter windows. So you may have to do remove that manually.

Hopefully, this will remove the virus, any other viruses or any spyware/malware.

Lemme know if that worked.
:cool:
okay ill try this.....

*www.greatis.com/appdata/d/f/fun.exe_Removal.htm

removal tool ........ok
thx 4 site bro. :)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom