How to delete data saved by software after un-installing (in Windows)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
For example I install a browser and then I make some changes in the settings of the browser. Then later on I un-install the browser. After that if I re-install the same browser, all the settings that I've previously changed are intact, meaning that they were saved somewhere other than the installation folder of the browser.

I want to know where exactly these software save this data so that I can delete that too after un-installing the software.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
For example I install a browser and then I make some changes in the settings of the browser. Then later on I un-install the browser. After that if I re-install the same browser, all the settings that I've previously changed are intact, meaning that they were saved somewhere other than the installation folder of the browser.

I want to know where exactly these software save this data so that I can delete that too after un-installing the software.

OK...

1) Un-Install the software
2) Run tune-up utilities/CCleaner 2 clean traces of the junk files :D
3) Go 2 the program files...delete the folder of the software
4) Open Regedit : go 2 > hkey_local_machine_ & local user > delete the reg key there
5) Uncheck Hide folders in view option
6) Go 2 users > application data > delete software name folder

7) dats it...u r done !!! :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Use Revo Un-Installer to Un-install the s/w..............u'll get to know wat I'm takin if u use this s/w

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
OK, that Documents and Settings>Username thingy worked. I had gone to that folder earlier but then the 'Show Hidden Folders' option was disabled, so didn't see the 'Application Settings' folder then.

Thank Youzz to all the guys who replied. I guess there is no need to mention that you all guys rock. You probably know by now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom