How to create Virtual world?

Currently there are a few virtual world websites, like SecondLife, EntropiaUniverse, IMVU, ActiveWorlds and Kaneva. GoJiyo is also such a site - an Indian venture.

My question is - how are such websites created? Is there any tutorial?
An overview regarding this will also help.

And where can I host them for free? I will need to test my site's features.
And I will need less than 5 users for that. So I won't be using up much bandwidth, I suppose.

Last edited:

Ironman

In the zone
Currently there are a few virtual world websites, like SecondLife, EntropiaUniverse, IMVU, ActiveWorlds and Kaneva. GoJiyo is also such a site - an Indian venture.

My question is - how are such websites created? Is there any tutorial?
An overview regarding this will also help.

And where can I host them for free? I will need to test my site's features.
And I will need less than 5 users for that. So I won't be using up much bandwidth, I suppose.

Great i am thinking about the same thing
Count me in - in your venture
Also Let me know if there are any tutorials.:-D

Hrishi

You will find this link useful :
3DMLW - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although , designing a virtual environment right from scratch requires lots of investment.

Last edited:

aumshah

Right off the assembly line
Try angelfire.com , sign up and you can make your own website that will be supported by a ad that will generally be at the top of each page you create page. There is a tutorial on how to make webpages and a webmonkey guide that i found to be very helpful, print the HTML cheat sheet out and you will be well on your way to making webpages.

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
Try angelfire.com , sign up and you can make your own website that will be supported by a ad that will generally be at the top of each page you create page. There is a tutorial on how to make webpages and a webmonkey guide that i found to be very helpful, print the HTML cheat sheet out and you will be well on your way to making webpages.
Well, I guess you have no idea what this thread is about! :-o

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
what do you want to do with the virtual world?
you can use Unity
there are many components of such an online world, apart from the environment, there is server space you need to rent, to host the servers of the open world... usually available as a third party cloud service... say Amazon's ec2
also try out HeroEngine, it comes with it's own cloud hosting services
basically what you are looking for is a mmo engine

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
Please note that this thread has been shifted to a new one. So kindly continue the discussion there.

And I request the moderators to delete this thread. It's closed.

Thanks for your replies everyone. Hoping to see you in the new thread. :) :)

Top Bottom