How to create autorun cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhiraj1

Broken In
Hi
I want to create a cd. When i insert it in to the drive it automatically copy specific files in cd to the desktop of the computer.

Please tell me how can i do this.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Create a Rar SFX exe to extract files to desktop in silent mode. Then make a autorun.inf in root of CD with following Command

[autorun]
OPEN=autorun.exe
ICON=autorun.exe

clmlbx

Technomancer
for bootable nothing special needed just do it same. create autorun.inf

[autorun]
OPEN=name of file with extention and path (if in subfolders)
ICON=autorun.exe (optional)

clmlbx

Technomancer
Well I have created cd's & dvd's like that and a lott.

For coping file I had made ".bat" files and then added to autorun.inf

and I have done this lott of times

kickout1434

Right off the assembly line
Heres the trick
If you wanna make a autorun file for that CD you are ready to burn just read this...
1) You open notepad
2) now you writ: [autorun]
OPEN=INSTALL\Setup_filename.EXE
ICON=INSTALL\Setup_filename.EXE
Now save it but not as a .txt file but as a .inf file.
But remember! The "Setup_filename.EXE" MUST be replaced with the name of the setup file. And you also need to rember that it is not all of the setup files there are called '.exe but some are called '.msi
3) Now burn your CD with the autorun .inf file included.
4) Now set the CD in you CD drive and wait for the autorun to begin or if nothing happens just double-click on the CD drive in "This Computer"

OP
S

sdhiraj1

Broken In
Hey guys please read my first post.

I dosen't want to open any program and icon when i insert CD in drive \ boot from CD.

I just want "Automatically copy the files from CD to the desktop screen of computer, when i insert CD in drive or boot from CD ( from bootable cd) ".

I got answer for inserting CD in drive by Sukhdeep Singh .

I still want the answer of How can i create a CD which automatically copies some files to the desktop screen of pc when i boot from CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom