how to create a WinXP bootable CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshagarwal

Journeyman
I want to know how to create a WinXP bootable CD in Windows XP.

Also just tell me if it is possible to create a WinXP bootable cd in Win98.

thanx in advance

Nimda

l33t n00b!
I recommend creating an XP bootable CD which has Service Pack 2 integrated into it. That way, you save time by installing SP2 alongwith XP. To create such a "slipstreamed" CD, visit:
*www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

Here's another guide from a different site:
*www.uniquehardware.ca/guides/guide05/guide5.1.php

rajas

In the zone
Harsha U are asking the same questions which are repeated may a times. do a Search and u get tons of replies.

K

khattam_

rajas said:
Harsha U are asking the same questions which are repeated may a times. do a Search and u get tons of replies.
Yeah a search here in thinkdigit or google will answer all your questions........
You should search once before you ask for a solution...........

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Dont Integrate SP2 into the bootable XP CD. I did it and my system crashed a several times. My hardware was not properly detected. It created a lot of problems forcing me to satisfy myself with XP SP1.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
sachin_kothari said:
Dont Integrate SP2 into the bootable XP CD. I did it and my system crashed a several times. My hardware was not properly detected. It created a lot of problems forcing me to satisfy myself with XP SP1.
You're the first guy who's saying this. I and all my friends have experienced better performance because from what I've seen, installing from an SP2 slipstreamed CD doesn't seem to slow down the system as opposed to the usual slowdown caused if you install XP and then install SP2 separately.

Regarding stability, that is most probably not due to the slipstreamed version. Install XP alone, and then SP2 and tell us if it is still unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom