How to create a VCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

busyanuj

In the zone
man, launch Nero Express.
there select the option: Videos/Pictures and click on the "video cd" option, then browse for the appropriate .dat file and then burn it. it will be compiled into a video cd.

hafees

In the zone
to add:
sometimes it will ask u to convert some files. To get it played back perfectly on a VCD Player u should do that. And never forget to write it at a speed less than 16X. preferably 8X.

parthbarot

In the zone
ya ... u can add .MPG , .MPEG, but when u add .AVI it converts it...automatically...

u can write it at 48-40 X speed if ur writer is of 52X..thats enough yar...not so slow like 16X..i have done lots of VCDs..

regards

vysakh

Padawan
first nero will encode the video. This will take a lot of time depending on the size of the movie. only after this, the burning process begins.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Use Nero Express, select Video/Pictures, then Video Disc. Select the .dat files that u want to add, it will take sometime coz NERO will first encode them and then finally burn the VCD. You can also select various other options like VCD Menu

Dipen01

Youngling
vysakh said:
first nero will encode the video. This will take a lot of time depending on the size of the movie. only after this, the burning process begins.

hey guys..

nero takes.. whooping 2-3 hrs. for encoding 1 file of 700 MB...is it proper ..i mean my system is PIII 1Ghz 64 SD RAM...Win XP and Win ME... so according to my system .. should nero take so much time??..

so i make Video CD's by another way.. i first convert DAT file to MPEG using VCD Gear.. and then using Video-CD option in VCD-Gear.. conver them to .cue , .bin and then directly burn to CD using NERO.. it takes barely 1 min for dat to mpeg...1 min for mpeg to Video Cd.. and remaining time for burning...thats it.. so howz that..??

Cheers..
Dipen

S

sunnydiv

if you are doing vcd to vcd, then why make it mpg in the first place, just click, copy cd and its done

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
taklya said:
why less than 16x? i'd like to know thats all 8)

well thats basically because some of the older Video Cd players sometimes and i mean "sometimes" dont detect the Video discs burned at too much high speeds like 48x and 52x......but its not necessarily be below 16x :)

Also for most of the Video cd player today support vcd's burned at 40x speeds easily :wink:

hafees

In the zone
why less than 16x? i'd like to know thats all

well thats basically because some of the older Video Cd players sometimes and i mean "sometimes" dont detect the Video discs burned at too much high speeds like 48x and 52x......but its not necessarily be below 16x

Also for most of the Video cd player today support vcd's burned at 40x speeds easily

Actually to play VCD the h/w player should read data faster than an Audio CD drive. it should be close to 8X speed. And older VCD players (not talking about the new genr VCD/DVD/MP3 players) reads at a maximum of 8x. And it causes problems quite often. That's y i recommended it. Or try writing a disc with 52 X speed and try playing it on an old VCD player. u ll agree with me.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
TRUE ppl..................

8X is the best speed 2 write a VCD even if u plan 2 play it in an old player !
'cause u never know who might borrow ur cd and regret later !

animator21 said:
Hey friends can anyone tell me how to create a VCD

Well I dont know which software you're using for burning,
but why cant u take a help guide available to you with the software u r using to create a VCD,they will provide you a deep information rather than posting here !!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dipen01 said:
nero takes.. whooping 2-3 hrs. for encoding 1 file of 700 MB...is it proper ..i mean my system is PIII 1Ghz 64 SD RAM...Win XP and Win ME... so according to my system .. should nero take so much time??..
Well considering 64 SD ram i suppose the re-encoding Should take a few time as When i tried burning a Video file of 78 Min the re-encoding process itself took nearly 1hour on a PIII 1.2Ghz Sys with 256MB SD Ram with WinXp......I guess Enocding the desired file with Tmpgenc should definetly do the trick before proceeding to burn with Nero :wink:

Dipen01 said:
so i make Video CD's by another way.. i first convert DAT file to MPEG using VCD Gear.. and then using Video-CD option in VCD-Gear.. conver them to .cue , .bin and then directly burn to CD using NERO.. it takes barely 1 min for dat to mpeg...1 min for mpeg to Video Cd.. and remaining time for burning...thats it.. so howz that..??
Well that says it all buddy....u use Vcd Gear,i Use Vcd Cutter for .Dat to .Mpg conversion (just sometimes or else rest time the .dat file dosent require encoding)and then if required to encode anything further i just make sure i Use Tmpgenc just to make sure everything is properly done and then BURN BABY :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom