How to convert Xvid to VCD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpotter606

Journeyman
Hi friends
I have got a video in Xvid format. I want convert it into mpeg or directly write on vcd(which is easier?). Which is the best tool for that? I searched google but did not find any good one.
Will the quality of video decreased due to convertion?

OP
hpotter606

hpotter606

Journeyman
I searched here!!
But i could not get the answer i thing i want.
I am trying every tutorial/guide you all mention in all those threads. Still if anyone has a direct answer to my questions please post it.

*www.iup.in/out.php/t835_search.jpg

OP
hpotter606

hpotter606

Journeyman
I converted the file from xvid format to mpeg. But there is a little problem.

1. Its Doesnt have sound!!!!
2. The mpeg file is of 3800 MB !!!!
3. The movie has only black screen( i.e. nothing) after completion of the movie. That makes it 3800 mb.

The orignal file is of 730 MB. I used TMPEGnc and followed the steps given in one of the tutorials.

What do i do now?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
There are several things. First you need to know if the xViD contains an AC3 codec for the audio. AC3 is the 5.1 channel audio. If it does contain AC3 then you would need to extract the audio first as a wav file and then use that audio file in Tmpeg. You can extract the wav file using virtualdub. Why dont u save urself all the trouble and just use Nero Vision express ;) It will do the complete job for you. Make sure you have the necessary plugins for Nero tho.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Use virtualDub to split the file and then convert to mpg with the TMPEGnc. This also happened to me. When I tried to convert the whole file the result went to around 3000-4000MB. So simpy split the file. For more information on splitting avi see this: *nickyguides.digital-digest.com/join-split-avi.htm

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
hpotter606 said:
Hi friends
I have got a video in Xvid format. I want convert it into mpeg or directly write on vcd(which is easier?). Which is the best tool for that? I searched google but did not find any good one.

just convet to avi using Dr.DivX and write them on CD.

Alternatively the compressed and encoded file can be written on a VCD using Nero 7, by the way r these the GOF movie discs!

OP
hpotter606

hpotter606

Journeyman
Techie_Geek said:
hpotter606 said:
Hi friends

just convet to avi using Dr.DivX and write them on CD.

Alternatively the compressed and encoded file can be written on a VCD using Nero 7, by the way r these the GOF movie discs!

Sorry, NO GOF movies.
BTW i said videos not movies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom