How to Connect Two Computers Via BSNL Broadband n share files simultaneously ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

saboo.dinesh

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I have two desktop separated 25 feet (XP, internal lan port ) . On one I have a 256 BSNL home plan broadband.
1. I want to connect broadband to both Pc's via single connection such that both Pc's work individually without any disturbance to others one.
2. want full access to the other computer , sitting at any one computer.

there is no security problem in file sharing as both pc's r for home use.

Plz write in simple language as what to do.
can i play multiplayer games using my two desktop ??

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
For full access, you can connect them via networking. You need a router for connecting more than one computer to one internet connection. Yeah you can play multiplayer games if you connect them in a network.

OP
S

saboo.dinesh

Thank You for your reply ...i know its through networking only .. but what is the cheapest and easiest way to have full access...??

Networking is a huge topic...where to find the solution ..

does the type III or IV modem provided by BSNL solve my problem...can i share files using such modem( r the two type mentioned above router cum modem)??

chk this link and tell
*www.calcuttatelephones.com/tariff_broadband.shtml

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
LOL,
there are quiet a few solution, cheapest and best solution for you is buy a 5-port switch and 2 LAN cords. Make the connections of the system.

Now you lan is ready. You can put the the lan cord from BSNL ADSL router connecting to the switch. This will make both systems to have net also(even if the internet is not working you will have local LAN)

Otherwise make your whole setup wirefree, buy a good wireless router.

BSNL works very well in all cases.
If its Airtel there are a few limitations on connections but not for BSNL. I do not need the limitations as you are using BSNL,

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
LOL,
there are quiet a few solution, cheapest and best solution for you is buy a 5-port switch and 2 LAN cords. Make the connections of the system.

Now you lan is ready. You can put the the lan cord from BSNL ADSL router connecting to the switch. This will make both systems to have net also(even if the internet is not working you will have local LAN)

Otherwise make your whole setup wirefree, buy a good wireless router.

BSNL works very well in all cases.
If its Airtel there are a few limitations on connections but not for BSNL. I do not need the limitations as you are using BSNL,
and what is star topology???

dr_jimit

Journeyman
wht r u saying all people,
bsnl modem has 1 usb and 1 lan port minimum.
use them, u can c and share, files through modem ,
no more cost, no more wiring.
im using with pc and laptop with wifi through bsnl midem only, no router/ switch extra,,,,

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I do not have much of networking knowledge..but just wondering if Win XP MSTSC (Remote desktop connection) would work between two PCs that are connected to each other thru LAN?
In my office as a single user I find using mstsc a good way to work on two PCs and share data.

acewin

Point Blanc
yup it will work.
both in ethernet lan and wireless lan. you wont need to setup anything.
BTW I do not see any USB port in my BSNL modem.

blogsolute

I have understood most of the things but not completely.
I want to connect two computers 25fts frm each other.
I have Huawei SmartAX MT841 modem with 4 slots for LAN, so, tell me how do I connect it to another?
What all will I have to buy because another Computer neither has modem nor LAN card...?

I don't have much knowledge about it so kindly reply

ISP - BSNL broadband
Plan - 500 Home

acewin

Point Blanc
LAN Card, and a 25fts LAN cable.

that needed if your huawei router is not a wi-fi router. I think it is a wifi router so it would be just a wireless LAN card(PCI or USB any), this would be a hassel free setup and good too MT841 BSNL
Specs of MT841

If you use ethernet LAN card and LAN cable the speed of transfer between the two systems would be higher than wireless, but intenet speed would be same in both case for the two systems.

Last edited:

blogsolute

Thanks acewin for reply.
One query, is it necessary to keep my modem or PC always ON to access Internet from another computer?
Isn't it possible to access Internet from other computer just by entering the same BSNL password?
I don't want any restrictions for accessing Internet from another system. Both should be independent of each other.

chorus

I need PC help
This thread is non-sense. I was expecting something here.:twisted:

Anybody with Two computers at home can connect directly with each other using a CAT-5( Or 6?) Cable. And also, here both the computers need to have "LAN card or on board LAN"

This method is fastest and cheapest

How to configure in windows is again a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom