How to connect to Wi-Fi

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Hi friends,

My cousin has bought Sony Xperia Neo V. He has a BSNL broadband connection. Now when he tries to connect to Internet via Wi-Fi, the phone connects to the router without any problems but after that, there is no option to dial up the connection as the broadband connection is dial-up based. So how can he make a connection through which he can dial up?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
So he doesn't know to set up the router? The phone won't be able to dial up.
How to set up a wireless network (WLAN) in your home

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
bro can you please tell me how you connect to your computer through cable or wireless????

Using Cable : simply put the lan cable from your modem in your computer's ethernet port.

Using Wireless : Put the lan cable from modem in your router. Set up the router with SSID, password etc. Now switch on wifi on ur PC, u'll find your network. Connect to it using the password u had provided earlier.

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
No, no, I was not asking for the connection with the laptop. I want to connect my mobile gadget with the WiFi. I have now bought an iPod Touch which also doesn't connect to the net via WiFi. It gets connected to the router and shows a symbol of WiFi but then doesn't connect to the net.

Let me define it. I have a BSNL broadband 512 kbps connection. BSNL provided a single device (router+modem) through which I connect to the net on my laptop. I have to dial up first with the Username and Password BSNL provided me but there is no option to dial up on any mobile device, be it iPod or Android device or anything.

When I asked about this to the vendor I purchased the iPod he told me that I should ask BSNL to give me a router which automatically dials up the connection by itself without any external intervention.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
No, no, I was not asking for the connection with the laptop. I want to connect my mobile gadget with the WiFi. I have now bought an iPod Touch which also doesn't connect to the net via WiFi. It gets connected to the router and shows a symbol of WiFi but then doesn't connect to the net.

Let me define it. I have a BSNL broadband 512 kbps connection. BSNL provided a single device (router+modem) through which I connect to the net on my laptop. I have to dial up first with the Username and Password BSNL provided me but there is no option to dial up on any mobile device, be it iPod or Android device or anything.

When I asked about this to the vendor I purchased the iPod he told me that I should ask BSNL to give me a router which automatically dials up the connection by itself without any external intervention.

Strange :-?
According to my knowledge Broadband don't require any dial up. They connect automatically. Have u ever tried connecting to internet without dialing up from ur PC ?
It should work...

Top Bottom