how to connect Nokia 1100 to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunone

Right off the assembly line
Can somebody tell me how to connect nokia 1100 to pc.
and what else can be done with phone and what are the precautions should be taken while doing this.
thanks
varun

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hai mate... well come to the forum....

well at the service center they do use some thing to connect the phone for servicing.... but with normal computer & data cable... hmm i dont think that u can connect it...

sunny0384

Broken In
prob sloved!!!!!!!!!

there is a special cable comes to connect phones like 1100,1108,3310........... ,this cable is diff frm other data cables and is not readily available in market, if u got the cable just remove the battery frm the backside n connect the cable to urs flash mem. using this u can edit urs picture messages etc.........

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
suny said:
if u got the cable just remove the battery frm the backside n connect the cable to urs flash mem. using this u can edit urs picture messages etc.........

pls explain in details....

expertno.1

Technomancer
there is a special cable comes to connect phones like 1100,1108,3310........... ,this cable is diff frm other data cables and is not readily available in market, if u got the cable just remove the battery frm the backside n connect the cable to urs flash mem. using this u can edit urs picture messages etc.........

i dont thin there is any special data cable for that

is there any ?

crashuniverse

In the zone

YES. u r talkin on an interestin' topic which everybody 'd like to know in details.

do share it with us.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Yes!
U can connect these phones to pc using special kind data cables.
I too hv one such cable for my Nokia 2100.
Its a cable which u hv to fit between Battery and mobile.
Actually first u remove battery from mobile, fit the battery in that data cable, fit that part of cable in which the battery is set into the phone.
U can see there is some pins inside the phone under the battery, thats the exact place where the front part of data cable is connected.
And u can use s/w like LOGO MANAGER and many other available on net for transfering ringtones, logos, changing security code, etc...

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Yes, you can connect these phones.

I do have a cable for Nokia 3310, and i used it a long time ago. Such cables are available for 1100 too.

You need to remove the battery, place one end of the cable to the phone and place the battery over it. and it just works like any other datacable, u can edit ur ringtones, picture and text messages etc

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Very true.
And mine cable for 2100 is a serial one...
I got it in 500 /- with a CD full of many ringtones and LOGO MANAGER s/w.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
this type of connection is called as F-Bus connection. you can do stuff like backup ur phonebook, change op logos, transfer ringers, backup messages, upload pic msgs etc. the usb connector cable is available for about rs.350 and the serial one for about rs.150. you can get these easily in electronic market of ur local city. you wont get an original nokia tho!

khandu

In the zone
Yes,

Cable for 2100, 3310 are available easily.. 500 is heck expensive.. can get u cheaper..

1100 Was also available but now it is extremly hard to find..

OP
V

varunone

Right off the assembly line
thanks to all who did post for this post.
all your suggestions are great.
but mine Nokia 1100 is stolen.
so i will buy another one.
thanks
varun

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
no, dku-5 and dku-2 cables are meant to connect phones with pop port.
Have a look here
DKU-5
*mobile.brando.com.hk/image/USBcable-DKU-5.jpg
DKU-2
*mobile.brando.com.hk/image/USBcable-DKU-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom