How to clone entire HDD with partitions to another one?

AMTECH69

Broken In
I want to prepare a few machines with identical hardware. All the hard drives are formatted. Can I just install all the softwares (os-Vista Business 32, MS Office 2010 and other stuff like AV,Media Players, Acrobat reader, DVD burner, ZIP utikity etc.) on one machine and then copy it to other by creating image orsomething like that to avoid similar installation on all the machines. I could save considerable time.

Pls. guide.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use this :
Backup software for data backup and recovery | Acronis
or this :
EaseUS Partition Master Professional Edition: Magic Partition Manager for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)/Windows 8.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
guys don't scare Op ;-) - providing an URL is not that heard I guess :
System Backup Restore - PC Backup Software | Norton Ghost - India

OP
A

AMTECH69

Broken In
I want to prepare a few machines with identical hardware. All the hard drives are formatted. Can I just install all the softwares (os-Vista Business 32, MS Office 2010 and other stuff like AV,Media Players, Acrobat reader, DVD burner, ZIP utikity etc.) on one machine and then copy it to other by creating image orsomething like that to avoid similar installation on all the machines. I could save considerable time.

Pls. guide.

I want to copy C partion of my HDD to C partition of another fresh HDD to be able to connect to another machine of same hardware configuration. I need an exact copy of C drive that should be bootable. Is it possible?
Created Image of my C drive with Norton Ghost but how do I restore it to other drive?
I also tried DriveImage XML but it created dat and xml files. How do I restore from it to another drive?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for NG you need to boot the other pcs using the recovery disc of NG and restore the image using a extrenal HDD ( just store the backup image on a external HDD for easier backup process ).

DiX should be used from a PE windows enviroment .. your PE windows CD/USB flash drive must have a copy of DriveImage XML - there's plugin/tutorial available on how to integrate DiX into a PE windows environment.

Top Bottom